09-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | S/Mime Install Help
Please Login to Remove!
I am the network administrator of a small 5 person network. We installed BES 4.1.3 a couple of months ago, and it has been working great. Now, my client receives digitally encrypted emails (S/Mime) in their Outlook. They have to have the certificate in Outlook in order to view these emails. After talking to BB, they said I needed the S/Mime CAL's to be able to open the emails on the BB. So, I purchased 4 CAL's, but I can't find ANY documentation on how to implement this. I would rather not purchase a T-Support Contract just for them to show me how to install it (They should have documentation somewhere!), so does anyone have any step-by-step install instructions? Here is what I have done so far:
1. Downloaded the S/Mime Package.
2. Installed it on one workstation with Desktop Manager 4.2
3. It shows as an installed app when you go to Help / About.
4. Went to application loader, installed it on the handheld. Incidentally, I had to install the phone tools to get the application loaded to even show the S/Mime Option to install.
5. I also turned on S/Mime on the BES, but I am not sure if I did that correctly.
Now what?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!