Is it possible to resending old messages to BB phone ?
Please Login to Remove!
there is one problem I have with our BES server 4.0 (for MS Exchange) and ours BB devices (8100, 8800).
Let's see a real situation.
1. Employee has wiped out his BB 8100 phone. (for example he typed 10 times bad security password)
2. I set a Wireless Activation Password on a BES manager.
3. Employee set this password, runs wireless enterprise activation, pass 100%.
4. This employee is able to receive or sent e-mails, and all the other stuff like calendar and tasks, notes works perfect.... BUT....
...he see only a new messages, since the activation has passed well. Is there any possibility how to say BES Server to deliver also messages he has got to mailbox for the last 30 days ?
I'll move this to the BES Admin corner where one of the admins may correct me if I'm wrong but messages will only prepopulate on a new activation, i.e. new pin. If it's a reactivation of the same pin, messages won't prepopulate unless you remove and recreate the account (then the user loses his/her other sync'd info.)
I haven't tried it myself, but seen reference to the following in 4.0.3 HF3:
You can now prepopulate previously received messages onto a BlackBerry device when you re-activate the same
BlackBerry device wirelessly for a user. (SDR 72075)
1. In the Registry Editor, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerry
2. Create a new DWORD value named ForceMsgPrepopOnActivation.
3. Set the value to 1 to turn this on.
So, depending on the version of BES, it may be possible do pre-populate without removing and re-adding the user to the server.