06-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Join Date: Apr 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Checklist for BlackBerry Enterprise Server v3.6
for Microsoft Exchange 5.5
• Windows NT4 Server SP 5 (or later), or Windows 2000
Server SP 1 (or later)
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 (or later) if running on
Windows NT4 Server
• Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP 4 (or later), on a separate
• Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Administrator SP 4 (or later)
• CDO.dll Hotfix Q312273 (version 05.05.79.2655) –
obtained from Microsoft
• Outlook should not be installed on the BlackBerry
Enterprise Server. If it is, wireless calendaring will not
• MMC 1.2 and ADSI 2.5 for NT4 Server installations
• Create the BESAdmin account and the BESAdmin
• Have a database strategy – MSDE or SQL – and the
Permissions and tasks for the BlackBerry Enterprise
• Windows permissions: local administrator, log on
locally, and log on as a service - to the local computer.
• Exchange permissions: service account admin
permissions on the Site container and the
Note: There are additional considerations for a BlackBerry Mobile Data
Service (MDS) install – refer to the Installation and Getting Started Guide for more details.
Caution: If Exch5.5 is running on an NT box and the BES is running on an Win2003 box, you may encounter authentication issues at the OS level.
Reason: NT uses NTLM Win2003 uses Kerberos by default. The security architecture of the two OSes are very different.