We just installed BES 4.0 for Exhchange and are using 7250's with Earthlink. Unfortunately, some of the units were given out before they were wirelessly activated. It seems that the ones where the Blackberry Desktop Manager was installed on the client and synced will not wirelessly activate (if there has been no sync on a client computer, no problem).
When I go put the password in to activate the unit, it fails. The system shows that it is running and the PIN is there, but no messages are sent. They just build up in the queue. All the other units that were not sync'd on a client computer activated and are running fine. How can I get the ones that were sync'd w/USB to work?
All devices can be activated using either option...
1. Desktop Manager
2. EA or Enterprise Activation (wirelessly)
The caveat here is that for Item 2...the devices must be running 4.0 OS and, (as you identified) the server must be running BESX4.0 sw.
If any previously sync'd devices are not able to activate...then try deleting the Service Books (Messaging Options section) and trying again. If you or the user has access to the DM, then cradle the device and sync with the BES. Sometimes the wireless activation process does take a while to complete, but messages usually are able to be routed almost immediately.
How many times have you attempted to use the "activation" password and how long have you set it for (the maximum is 48hrs)?
To clear the password...reset it with a 0hrs option.
Thanks for the info on how to wipe the BB. I was able to do that w/o problem.
I reset the activation password (I am aware of the time limiations) and it didn't activate. To make sure everything was clean, I deleted the user in BES, cleared any old data, and added him again. The unit still does not want to activate. Yes, wireless is on.
I have had same problem with a particular user who i cannot enterprise activate or manage to keep it's stability.
Basically i have tried to enterprise activate. it fails then a minute or two later it activates. unfortunetely after a few weeks it fails and asks for sync with desktop.
Built a new server. removed account. new SQL database. new blackberry. new SIM. just about everything but still cannot activate a correct successful activation. I'll let you know if RIM fix this as it's driving me nuts