10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Retired BBF Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For me I had something similiar, but my upgrade interrupted early in the process.
For me, I think the USB connection got borked, very early in the upgrade process -- a full computer AND blackberry reboot solved that. I had a similiar problem when I upgraded my old .125 all the way directly to .162, my solution was:
The computer thought the BlackBerry was still connected, even though I had already disconnected, and tried to reboot the BlackBerry manytimes. This led me to think that the USB port in Windows must have gotten messed up. So, I did:
- Reboot the computer
- Reboot the BlackBerry (it was still in the old OS)
- Cleared the browser cache.
- Directly connect BlackBerry to PC (bypassing hub), to be safe
- To be safe, I did a selective backup (Advanced section of Backup/Restore in BlackBerry Desktop), skipping the sections (Profiles) that didn't backup properly in the normal one-click Backup.
- Try again to install .162
No need for wiping the handheld in this particular case. It worked fine, and went to the very end. I think it's now co-operating very well. All apps got restored, though I had to reconfigure the settings of some apps (just a few, such as GMAIL Mobile and Rove MobileSSH)
May still need to wipe handheld in your case, but first: If you are able to restore, try a selective restore in the Advanced part of the backup/restore -- see if you're able to skip over databases you're unable to restore. This _may_ fix the synchronize and also restore most of your databases. No guarantees...
Last edited by Mark Rejhon : 10-07-2008 at 03:16 PM.