BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Helmdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.593
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,365
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Service Books/no email after .93 upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

Hi:

Its been about 12 hours since I upgraded, I tried re-sending service books etc.. Still not receiving email, don't have my browser or myfaves. Everything else works and upgraded fine.

My question is, would it be a bad idea to call T-mobile and ask them to resend my service books and refresh myfaves and browser? I don't want them to know I am using 4.5...

Thanks
Offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

I see you said you've done this... but as a refresher (and for others):

All steps described here: My Email Stopped Arriving - BlackBerryFAQ

Did you do a HRT > Register?
Offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Helmdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.593
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,365
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I see you said you've done this... but as a refresher (and for others):

All steps described here: My Email Stopped Arriving - BlackBerryFAQ

Did you do a HRT > Register?
I did all steps with the exception of calling service provider. I am reluctant to call being that I am using 4.5.. Do you think I can still call even though I am using 4.5??
Offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Yep. You don't need to tell them that you are running 4.5. If they ask your OS version, tell them 4.2, as I honestly don't think this is a OS issue.

Have you tried deleting all the service books related to email, browser, provisioning and my faves, and then rebooting the BB... verify visually the SBs are deleted... then do the HRT register or Send SBs from the BIS?
Offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Helmdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.593
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,365
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Yep. You don't need to tell them that you are running 4.5. If they ask your OS version, tell them 4.2, as I honestly don't think this is a OS issue.

Have you tried deleting all the service books related to email, browser, provisioning and my faves, and then rebooting the BB... verify visually the SBs are deleted... then do the HRT register or Send SBs from the BIS?
I haven't tried deleting all the service books. I will try that now. Yes, I did re-send service books from my BIS.. but will try it again after I delete the service books.
Offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Helmdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.593
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,365
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
I haven't tried deleting all the service books. I will try that now. Yes, I did re-send service books from my BIS.. but will try it again after I delete the service books.
I just called T-mobile and still not receiving data/emails. They were however able to refresh my myfaves but suggested I "reset my device."

Please forgive me for asking this question as I have never had to roll back a OS or re-install. Can someone point me to how to either re-install this .93 or roll back to .81??

I greatly appreciate the help!!!
Offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Rollbackk = downgrade, on your PC > Control Panel > Add/Remove Progs, remove the .93 OS, and make sure the older OS .81 is still installed. Open DM > App loader and proceed with the downgrade. The loader will downgrade the OS.

Or, do a JL Cmder wipe and load .93 back on there. I am just sure it should work.
Offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Helmdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.593
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,365
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Rollbackk = downgrade, on your PC > Control Panel > Add/Remove Progs, remove the .93 OS, and make sure the older OS .81 is still installed. Open DM > App loader and proceed with the downgrade. The loader will downgrade the OS.

Or, do a JL Cmder wipe and load .93 back on there. I am just sure it should work.
Thanks Much JS!! I will do this when I get back from the doctor. I am going to try and reload .93.
Offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
rivviepop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: san francisco
Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 2,166
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just saw this thread Helmster - see my reply in the other thread, I had some similar minor issues. Mine eventually worked themselves out after time. :(
__________________
[ Linux & BlackBerry ] http://www.blackberryforums.com/linux-users-corner/
Offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Helmdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.593
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,365
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
Thanks Much JS!! I will do this when I get back from the doctor. I am going to try and reload .93.
Well, I tried downgrading to .81 (wiping device wouldn't connect for me) and still NO data service. Receiving text messages and phone calls fine.

I upgraded to .93, registered handheld, resent service books (numerous times), deleted and re-added my email adresses and still no email or internet explorer browser (just t-zones).

I am at my wits end with this. Seems to be an issue (as Rivie pop) pointed out earlier. I guess I have to wait and see...

Last edited by Helmdawg : 10-13-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Offline  
Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.714
Carrier: ASU eliboM-T
Posts: 193
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Downgrade to 4.2.2.327/4.2.2.180 http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
__________________
Check out my themes at VSMThemes
Latest theme: Windows 7 Ultimate
Offline  
Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Helmdawg, with JL_cmder, you may need to give it several tries with both battery in and out. It will recover 95% of all BlackBerrys, and those usually have serious issues with no OS loaded, etc. I just gotta believe it will work.
Offline  
Old 10-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Helmdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.593
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,365
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Helmdawg, with JL_cmder, you may need to give it several tries with both battery in and out. It will recover 95% of all BlackBerrys, and those usually have serious issues with no OS loaded, etc. I just gotta believe it will work.
As of right now, still no emails... I will retry JL_cmder with the battery in this time. I tried several times with it out and no luck.. Sucks I actually have to use my laptop to answer emails
Offline  
Old 10-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Helmdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.593
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,365
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Helmdawg, with JL_cmder, you may need to give it several tries with both battery in and out. It will recover 95% of all BlackBerrys, and those usually have serious issues with no OS loaded, etc. I just gotta believe it will work.
JS:

I was able to wipe my BB with the battery in and it gave me the 507 message. Right now I am loading the OS which didn't seem to have my 3rd party apps. etc.... Do I load my back-up once the OS has installed?

Please bear with me as this is the first time I had to fix my BB this way. Thanks
Offline  
Old 10-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Well, you are in a good direction then.

Yes you will have to reload your third party apps, again, fresh (which is not always a bad thing with a new OS--I did this twice and my BB seemed so much snappier and quicker), and probably a goodly higher amount of file free.
Offline  
Old 10-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Helmdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.593
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,365
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Well, you are in a good direction then.

Yes you will have to reload your third party apps, again, fresh (which is not always a bad thing with a new OS--I did this twice and my BB seemed so much snappier and quicker), and probably a goodly higher amount of file free.
Still NO email... I am about to throw this thing against the wall. I resent service books twice since doing a wipe and fresh install....

Further, I just realized that I didn't get docs to go because I deleted the ALX when optimizing prior to this fiasco. Does that mean I will have to re-install the OS on my PC and re-register to get sheets to go?
Offline  
Old 10-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
SMF
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 231
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This might be obvious but have you connected via desktop manager and reset your encryption key? I've very infrequently had to go into desktop manager under the advanced email item and manually regenerate the encryption key. I've done this with outlook open and connected to my exchange server. I would try it.

SMF
Offline  
Old 10-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

I don't think this user is on a BES that would require an encryption key.

@ Helmdawg... wow! NOT receiving the service books has got to a carrier issue then. That has been the hangup each time, hasn't? When you go to Options > Adv > Service Books... it is completely empty?

You never get the Registration message in your message folder AFTER the service books are resent or a HRT registration?

How old is this device? If it is still in warranty, I am about to suggest a return if you can... but if it is a SB sending problem, I don't know it would help that.

One more Q: Go to your BIS account and SURE your PIN is still registered with your BIS account.

Last edited by JSanders : 10-14-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Offline  
Old 10-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Helmdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philly
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.593
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,365
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I don't think this user is on a BES that would require an encryption key.

@ Helmdawg... wow! NOT receiving the service books has got to a carrier issue then. That has been the hangup each time, hasn't? When you go to Options > Adv > Service Books... it is completely empty?

You never get the Registration message in your message folder AFTER the service books are resent or a HRT registration?

How old is this device? If it is still in warranty, I am about to suggest a return if you can... but if it is a SB sending problem, I don't know it would help that.

One more Q: Go to your BIS account and SURE your PIN is still registered with your BIS account.
This is a BIS account and the correct pin is entered. This is my second device. The one I purchased new had to be replaced within 6 month due to a short in the phone causing it to shut off.

I am/have been on the phone with RIM for 90 minutes and counting. They are going to "re-set" my data.. I am actually waiting for them to let me know they are done. They did say this has happened latley, mostly from the OLD facebook application but that is not the case for me since I don't have it installed. Will touch back to let you know.
Offline  
Old 10-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Please do.

TMo has pushed the facebook install shortcut to their devices, but if you haven't isntalled it, it should not affect you.

I know you'll update us.

Are you ever getting the registration message--and no SBs at all install in your SB screen? Pardon me if you have answered this, I don't see it.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.