BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
BBFAQ Sysop
 
ricpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Model: 9700
OS: X 10.6
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Posts: 3,760
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 4.5.0.99

Please Login to Remove!

Now, who's go it?
Offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
soupandsandwich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

:sigh: I thought we were done with this ridiculous threads.
 
Old 10-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
[IFC]Area51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NYC Konkrete Jungle
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
PIN: GU!!!
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Posts: 494
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupandsandwich View Post
:sigh: I thought we were done with this ridiculous threads.
Yeah, don't mean to sound rude but THIS IS getting kinda boring. Specially now that MOST carriers are releasing original 4.5 versions. Im about done with the 4.5 hunting, ill just wait for new releases after .81. FORGET BETAS.
__________________
BlackBerry 9650 6.0.0.280
Platform 4.4.0.185
|...................Sprint..................|
8100|8300|8310|8320|8900|9000|9700|9650
Offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
BBFAQ Sysop
 
ricpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Model: 9700
OS: X 10.6
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Posts: 3,760
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Threads like this would actually give us an ETA...
Offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
soupandsandwich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricpac View Post
Threads like this would actually give us an ETA...
Horsecrap.
 
Old 10-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
BBFAQ Sysop
 
ricpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Model: 9700
OS: X 10.6
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Posts: 3,760
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok you win s&s. So chill!
I'll give it to you. Lighten up a bit.
Offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.656
Carrier: Bell
Posts: 335
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Be nice to see a CDMA leak. Been awhile.
Offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
pshift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Right behind you!!!!!
Model: ...
OS: Android
PIN: N/A. Went To Android!
Carrier: Busy Signal :)
Posts: 590
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Yup. Looking for some luv for the CDMA folks as well ...
Offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
flash24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,178
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

tickle me
__________________
http://twitter.com/billydasco

Proud to Serve USAF
Offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
coldconfession13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: san antonio,tx
Model: 9550
OS: 5.0.0.230
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 904
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

I was just going to make a thread. And guys these aren't betas these are the same releases that carriers release. Beta .81 same as official .81
__________________
http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com
Unlock codes, Parts, Repair just tell them Albert sent ya

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
lovescakemix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: fort hood
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1
PIN: 2800d27f
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 327
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

well until a carrier releases a 4.5.0.99 OS........then its a beta
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldconfession13 View Post
Wirelessly posted

I was just going to make a thread. And guys these aren't betas these are the same releases that carriers release. Beta .81 same as official .81
But .81 was beta when it was first discussed on here. Just as .99 would be if anyone outside of RIM actually had it. They are going to develop and test OS releases weeks/months prior to any carrier thinking about releasing it, so until that happens, it will be what we consider a beta.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
pshift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Right behind you!!!!!
Model: ...
OS: Android
PIN: N/A. Went To Android!
Carrier: Busy Signal :)
Posts: 590
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Instead of betas, how about announcements? The beta discussions appear to be useless until one is actually "leaked".
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
DallasFlier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.666
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T
Posts: 1,741
Post Thanks: 30
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshift View Post
Instead of betas, how about announcements? The beta discussions appear to be useless until one is actually "leaked".
Ah, I think you've figured it out! The threads started here with the lame "who's got it?" are only for one really stupid purpose - to feed the original poster's ego about being the one to start the thread. There's absolutely NOTHING useful in this thread yet, because .99 hasn't yet leaked. The first one to have .99 actually installed should be the one starting a thread, because until someone has it installed, this and all the others like it will continue to be worthless threads. But the OP has now established himself as the starter of the 4.5.0.99 thread that will be used for discussion once the OS has leaked. That bit of self-serving ego was all he was after.
__________________
Top 50 Year Win%: Nebraska-.785 tOSU-.768 Penn St-.740
Oklahoma-.740 Texas-.733 Alabama-.729 Michigan-.724 USC-.723
Dominance! The HUSKER Tradition!
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.109
PIN: Changes weekly
Carrier: 9000 Unlocked AT&T, Unlocked 8310 on Telcel (Mexico), Unlocked 8320 as backup. Storm on VZW
Posts: 36
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Wow!

Guys...I RARELY post...but I just came over to get some light reading in after reading some interesting discussions on Politico.com because they were getting kind of out of control.... and this is the first post I read...same tone as over on politico!!!

Now...everyone just take a deep breath and step away from their pc's...not defending anyone here but just seems a little aggressive on one post...there's been a bunch of these similar posts and if it bugs then go the General Discussion forum and not the BETA...I personally upgrade whenever possible just cause, and these type of posts are the ones that make me aware that there in fact is something new out there.

Now...I remember someone getting hammered because he referred to a non/official release as a beta, and the guy got hammered by everyone.. John Clark stepped in, and in a very nice way, stated that the releases were not Betas...just not yet released by a carrier...here I'm reading something totally different...point is...who cares what we call it? Thanks to these releases, we all had 4.5 way before the carriers started releasing their versions...

I personally would love to see a cdma post so I can finally get my wifeŽs 8130 updated...

Just a thought...I really enjoy reading all the helpful posts, but we all know thereŽs been way more silly posts than this....IŽd rather see this than another gmail sent messages post!

Disclaimer: I donŽt know the original poster, could care less for that matter...and based on the fact that I average one post per month, am definitely not posting for my ego.
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.
 
Raptor464's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northwest Indiana
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.4xx
PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA
Posts: 3,127
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by vothelo
Guys...I RARELY post...but I just came over to get some light reading in after reading some interesting discussions on Politico.com because they were getting kind of out of control.... and this is the first post I read...same tone as over on politico!!!

Now...everyone just take a deep breath and step away from their pc's...not defending anyone here but just seems a little aggressive on one post...there's been a bunch of these similar posts and if it bugs then go the General Discussion forum and not the BETA...I personally upgrade whenever possible just cause, and these type of posts are the ones that make me aware that there in fact is something new out there.

Now...I remember someone getting hammered because he referred to a non/official release as a beta, and the guy got hammered by everyone.. John Clark stepped in, and in a very nice way, stated that the releases were not Betas...just not yet released by a carrier...here I'm reading something totally different...point is...who cares what we call it? Thanks to these releases, we all had 4.5 way before the carriers started releasing their versions...

I personally would love to see a cdma post so I can finally get my wifeŽs 8130 updated...

Just a thought...I really enjoy reading all the helpful posts, but we all know thereŽs been way more silly posts than this....IŽd rather see this than another gmail sent messages post!

Disclaimer: I donŽt know the original poster, could care less for that matter...and based on the fact that I average one post per month, am definitely not posting for my ego.
Great post! A++
__________________
BlackBerry 9700: OS 6.0.0.424 FLASH WHITE
The BlackBerry Zone VIP
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Raptor464
Offline  
Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
BBFAQ Sysop
 
ricpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Model: 9700
OS: X 10.6
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Posts: 3,760
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
That bit of self-serving ego was all he was after.
Wow!

Last edited by ricpac : 10-24-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Offline  
Old 10-25-2008, 06:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oahu, HI
Model: 8120
OS: 4.5.0.81
PIN: 245C1267
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

******

Last edited by TroyDBrown : 10-25-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Asking for links
Offline  
Old 10-25-2008, 06:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.XXX
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.
Posts: 5,515
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeaunui View Post
******
Welcome, Please do not ask for links to unreleased software.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.