What I did...and it may not work for everyone (Device Model and Operating Systems vary) was download 9700 OS 184.108.40.2065 and extract it to my PC. I then copied the following files from the 9700/220.127.116.115 Java directory to my device's current installed OS Java directory:
I then opened up the BlackBerry.alx file located in my current OS directory, scrolled to the section "net.rim.java.blackberrymessenger" and changed the version to "18.104.22.168". I then connected my device, ran apploader.exe and removed BlackBerry Messenger. After the device rebooted, I ran apploader.exe and installed BlackBerry Messenger. Upon reboot, I had BlackBerry Messenger 22.214.171.124 installed and running.