BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Beta You Than Me (http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta-you-than-me/)
-   -   Leaked 9700: 5.0.0.593 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta-you-than-me/223390-leaked-9700-5-0-0-593-a.html)

NJBlackBerry 04-02-2010 08:20 AM

Leaked 9700: 5.0.0.593
 
Original link from Crackberry.com: Leaked: OS 5.0.0.593 for the BlackBerry Bold 9700 | CrackBerry.com

JSanders 04-02-2010 08:29 AM

Well well.

Download 9700 5.0.0.593

NJBlackBerry 04-02-2010 08:36 AM

Indeed.

Donbp 04-02-2010 08:39 AM

Nice, haven't add a new upgrade in what, 3 days?

Donbp 04-02-2010 09:21 AM

Whoa..probably just me but this one seems to be on steroids.

NJBlackBerry 04-02-2010 09:53 AM

What does that mean?

Donbp 04-02-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1588873)
What does that mean?

Means it is really, really fast.

NJBlackBerry 04-02-2010 10:28 AM

How so? Web browsing? Reading messages?
Why does it appear to be faster (I don't really notice much of anything)...

Donbp 04-02-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1588886)
How so? Web browsing? Reading messages?
Why does it appear to be faster (I don't really notice much of anything)...

Actually, everything..opening apps, opening the browser..everything seems faster. I do know, however, that every build with every combination of apps reacts differently to seemingly every owner..this one seems very fast to me. At least compared to .586 and .566 which were the last two I have had installed.

BigDinTexas 04-02-2010 12:14 PM

I have a generic question... I have been holding off installing the last 2 leaks because of the effort it takes to set all my ringtones and notifications back the way I want.... I usually just restore my contacts and go to town.

That said, I don't do a complete backup/restore because I am afraid that there might be conflicts or errors introduced as a result of a backup from a previous OS... Am I causing more work for myself than I need to? Is there a way to restore the notification/ringtone settings after a OS load, kinda of like how I restore just the contacts?

I know this is a noob question, so please take it easy on me...

Thanks,
Don

KDaWG6924 04-02-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas (Post 1588922)
I have a generic question... I have been holding off installing the last 2 leaks because of the effort it takes to set all my ringtones and notifications back the way I want.... I usually just restore my contacts and go to town.

That said, I don't do a complete backup/restore because I am afraid that there might be conflicts or errors introduced as a result of a backup from a previous OS... Am I causing more work for myself than I need to? Is there a way to restore the notification/ringtone settings after a OS load, kinda of like how I restore just the contacts?

I know this is a noob question, so please take it easy on me...

Thanks,
Don


Don...

I usually use DM to make a backup (just to have a fresh backup), then allow the updater to make a backup and restore it. I have not had any issues so far with contacts not getting their ringtones or anything.

Only issue I have had recently, is for some reason the restore takes a long time on BBM Groups. However, this build did not have this problem. Seems to be a fast build.

NJBlackBerry 04-02-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas (Post 1588922)
I have a generic question... I have been holding off installing the last 2 leaks because of the effort it takes to set all my ringtones and notifications back the way I want.... I usually just restore my contacts and go to town.

That said, I don't do a complete backup/restore because I am afraid that there might be conflicts or errors introduced as a result of a backup from a previous OS... Am I causing more work for myself than I need to? Is there a way to restore the notification/ringtone settings after a OS load, kinda of like how I restore just the contacts?

I know this is a noob question, so please take it easy on me...

Thanks,
Don

Simple answer - I've never had a problem allowing Loader to make the backup and then do the restore. Everything comes across fine. I even do it when switching models...

I think you are causing youself a lot of extra work...

Soapm 04-02-2010 03:49 PM

Wow, they flying them out now. I haven't re-entered all my application passwords from the last upgrade but this last one is working great. Great battery life and UMA appears seamless... I will try this one over the weekend.

KDaWG6924 04-02-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1588951)
Simple answer - I've never had a problem allowing Loader to make the backup and then do the restore. Everything comes across fine. I even do it when switching models...

I think you are causing youself a lot of extra work...

Actually, I forgot to mention that I do not use DM to do the update... I use the loader.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (after i remove the vendor.xml file).

Makes life much easier using loader.exe instead of the DM.

idian 04-03-2010 01:29 AM

any problem with Enterprise Activation with this build ?

Donbp 04-03-2010 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idian (Post 1589212)
any problem with Enterprise Activation with this build ?

No. That said, I always update while connected through VPN to work and with Outlook open. Way back when before I started doing that activation would sometime be a hit and miss proposition. Sometime I would have to call to have them do a reset or it would freeze, etc. Haven't had that problem in a couple of years since I started doing it this way.

akc786 04-03-2010 07:34 AM

Excellent OS.

Fast and responsive.

Best leaked OS as of today.

idian 04-03-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donbp (Post 1589223)
No. That said, I always update while connected through VPN to work and with Outlook open. Way back when before I started doing that activation would sometime be a hit and miss proposition. Sometime I would have to call to have them do a reset or it would freeze, etc. Haven't had that problem in a couple of years since I started doing it this way.

Thanks Donbp.
I always do my update from work and connected through the office network, Outlook open too, but activation still takes about half a day or so.

quillhill 04-03-2010 01:44 PM

Alrighty then, I've downloaded this one and installed last night, getting its first full charge to see how battery life is but otherwise not much in the way of impressions since I've not used the BB much since loading it up.
I've loaded every OS posted in the past couple weeks ... so, here we go. :razz:

Donbp 04-03-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idian (Post 1589357)
Thanks Donbp.
I always do my update from work and connected through the office network, Outlook open too, but activation still takes about half a day or so.

That's really long. Mine always takes about 15 minutes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.