BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
loveanh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 53
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

I'm using Windows 7 and I can't seem to upgrade my OS using the DM or the apploader. Any suggestions?
Offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
tbird57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Witness Protection Program
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.723
PIN: OU812
Carrier: AT$T/Choked
Posts: 593
Post Thanks: 13
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbltap View Post
Based on some insight from RIM/AT&T or based on an experience of loosing data on .225?
Loosing data on .225
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 06:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
tbird57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Witness Protection Program
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.723
PIN: OU812
Carrier: AT$T/Choked
Posts: 593
Post Thanks: 13
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Its getting very old doing wipes out on the road,I can't hook up to DM and restore!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
gtivr6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carpentersville, Illinois
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 131
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ringer volume is louder
actually all volume is louder for any thing, BBM, IMs, Texts, SMS, phone...

Haven't lost data, but text seems glitchy when it gets too long, then out of no where the battery reads near dead (red Battery), I have to do a battery pull and its back to normal. weird Except for that, battery life seems longer too.

Web, BIS and WiFi all seem improoved.
Offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 07:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

.225 still seems solid for me. Haven't lost carrier data service.
The fact that RIM posted a KB article about the problem and this OS was leaked shortly after kinda leads me to believe that they're actively working on a fix.

For me, it's fixed.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Serkle K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsauken NJ
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0
PIN: ... --- ...
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 402
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
that's odd... I've never lost my BIS connection, but now that I am on .214 I lost my ability to connect to my WiFi after 1 day.
nevermind. home router issue. My WiFi works... though again, I still have not lost my BIS connection.
__________________
Do they still make encyclopedias?
Offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #27 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 239
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is anyone using Beejive with this build? Beejive locks up on me 10x per day with this build and freezes the screen. The only thing i can do is hold menu and get to the home screen, then after 5 minutes or so i finally get an uncaught exception and beejive closes.
Offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #28 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
gtivr6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carpentersville, Illinois
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 131
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtivr6r View Post
Ringer volume is louder
actually all volume is louder for any thing, BBM, IMs, Texts, SMS, phone...

Haven't lost data, but text seems glitchy when it gets too long, then out of no where the battery reads near dead (red Battery), I have to do a battery pull and its back to normal. weird Except for that, battery life seems longer too.

Web, BIS and WiFi all seem improoved.
Turns out its not because of the OS upgrade.

Had something to do with the bedside mode when charging.
I disabled that and its working perfectly fine now.
Offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern VA
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 16
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
.225 still seems solid for me. Haven't lost carrier data service.
The fact that RIM posted a KB article about the problem and this OS was leaked shortly after kinda leads me to believe that they're actively working on a fix.

For me, it's fixed.
Can you point me to the right KB article? I have this problem with .225.

Never mind. It's Article ID: KB24285. It has no resolution, and it's still there in .225.

Not happy. A Blackberry that can't connect to the mothership is useless.

Last edited by simpleGuy : 09-16-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #30 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: I747
OS: 4.1.1
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 2,340
Post Thanks: 43
Thanked 117 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillokc View Post
Is anyone using Beejive with this build? Beejive locks up on me 10x per day with this build and freezes the screen. The only thing i can do is hold menu and get to the home screen, then after 5 minutes or so i finally get an uncaught exception and beejive closes.
Unless I missed something, I don't see the 9800 as a supported model on the Beejive webpage.

There is a beejive forum where they say to try the 2.1 beta for the Storm (5.0), but obviously betas could have bugs. You might try mentioning your issue there.

Beejive support forum
__________________
The Search tool and BlackBerryFAQ answer many questions.

Last edited by devnull : 09-16-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #31 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.225
PIN: 22C60153
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 144
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

For the Beejive issue, use the 2.0.3 build for Storm OS 5.0 build to fix it. You can download the 2.0.2 build and have it auto upgrade to the 2.0.3 build.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #32 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 239
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have tried two versions of Beejive for the storm and it sucks. I can't disable buddy icons or use the trackpad for selecting things. The trackpad issue i can deal with but with the buddy icons there and my 400 contacts, its too much of a hassle to scroll to people
Offline  
Old 09-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #33 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
gtivr6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carpentersville, Illinois
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 131
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtivr6r View Post
Turns out its not because of the OS upgrade.

Had something to do with the bedside mode when charging.
I disabled that and its working perfectly fine now.
Nope, It keeps genrating a warnig and then a nearly dea battery indicator
and hen the phone shuts off. This started after upgarding to 6.0.0.225.

It takes a day or two but it always happens.

Anyone else havig this issue?
Offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NewJersey
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1.0.284
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Posts: 640
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Unless I missed something, I don't see the 9800 as a supported model on the Beejive webpage.

There is a beejive forum where they say to try the 2.1 beta for the Storm (5.0), but obviously betas could have bugs. You might try mentioning your issue there.

Beejive support forum
hey guys i am running beejive on my torch and it works good, but heads up it will use alot of battery power . to make it work good disable the bubble feature so when typing on the touch screen the letters wont disappear.
__________________
MY Collection:--8300,8700,8800,9000,9300,9500,9520,9700,9800,9860, 9900
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.