BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Beta You Than Me (http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta-you-than-me/)
-   -   OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta-you-than-me/250424-os-6-0-0-600-blackberry-torch-9800-a.html)

given2fly 06-21-2011 04:52 AM

OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Happy Tuesday ya'll :)

FreakShare - Easy One-Click File Hosting
uploaded.to - where your files have to be uploaded to

BarracudaBob 06-21-2011 09:21 AM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
I know there is never a change log associated with leaks, but has anyone loaded this and noticed anything significantly different? I'm not willing to go thru the hassle of upgrading without a good compelling reason.

Myque 06-21-2011 10:13 AM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Dl gonna try, let you know how it goes.

given2fly 06-21-2011 01:05 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

btw, i'm reading it's identical to the previous release.

tbird57 06-21-2011 02:48 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by given2fly (Post 1728765)

Identical to .576?

DallasFlier 06-21-2011 05:19 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by given2fly (Post 1728765)

Where are you reading that?!?! That no one has (yet) found any significant differences from .576, sure. But I doubt RIM is putting out new releases identical to older ones, I really do. :smile: And if we wait a few days or a week for the early adopters, I bet some differences, even if small, will be discussed here.

For the time being, I downloaded it while its available, and now will watch this thread to hear about the experiences of those who install it (thanks in advance to those!)

given2fly 06-22-2011 02:50 AM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbird57 (Post 1728785)
Identical to .576?

in terms of functionality, yes. nothing different. it's a bit smoother on my torch then .576 but battery consumption seems the same. That's about it.

DallasFlier 06-22-2011 10:34 AM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by given2fly (Post 1728872)
in terms of functionality, yes. nothing different. it's a bit smoother on my torch then .576 but battery consumption seems the same. That's about it.

Appreciate the reports, really - but the earliest I saw links posted to this on any of the large BB forums was early yesterday morning - meaning no one has yet had this installed for more than about 24 hours. Isn't that a bit early to be making pronouncements on battery life? I usually look for folks posting on battery life after a week or so of use - anything less than that really isn't very useful.

given2fly 06-25-2011 04:16 AM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlier (Post 1728946)
Appreciate the reports, really - but the earliest I saw links posted to this on any of the large BB forums was early yesterday morning - meaning no one has yet had this installed for more than about 24 hours. Isn't that a bit early to be making pronouncements on battery life? I usually look for folks posting on battery life after a week or so of use - anything less than that really isn't very useful.

i don't know how many OSs you've installed on ur torch, but i've installed every single one since .248 or whatever it was. the first at$t os. Meaning, that when you've gone through that many OSs, you notice the smallest of the smallest details ie, the install process (which varies from .x00 to .x00), the boot differences, and probably the most important pice of info that will tell me how an OS will behave once it settles in...the startup after the 1st reboot. once that happens, i begin to sign in and log into all f my 29 app (i can't hit 30 for the life of me lol), and during that process i see how the OS behaves in relatively every, way.

you don;t need 24 hours to tell if the battery drains faster or slower, u need an hour because once u begin f-ing with ur bb and ur battery vanishes...gee, i wonder..lol.

like i can tell u if u really wanna know, what issues i had with every .5xx release. there's a reason why I'm still on .486 and it's not that forgot to update my profile. even with .600 i can describe to you the freezing issues im having on a constant basis while typing albeit using the virtual or physical keyboard. i use my bb in a particular way and from all the OSs i've used, .486 does it for me. to each is own because every person uses their BB differently, SO...i don't just make things up.

so yes, i can tell within 2 hours of install pretty much everything about the OS.

any more questions?
;-)

John Clark 06-25-2011 11:53 AM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
I'm still using .448

given2fly 06-25-2011 03:36 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1729617)
I'm still using .448

hey it's John. you don't come out very often anymore. Thanx for posting in my thread. :)

dbltap 06-26-2011 09:20 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Seeing an issue with this release with alerts and the 9800 cradle. The OS seems fine when not plugged in. But if the phone is in the cradle when an alert sounds, the touch screen and the trackpad lock up. Even if not plugged in when the alert is received, the next time the phone is put into the cradle, the lockup still happens. :( May have to go back a rev.

GazzaK 06-28-2011 02:39 AM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
I've installed this and have been running it for only a day, but so far seen no real difference in performance (negative or positive) from the previously installed 6.0.0.246 I was running

DallasFlier 06-28-2011 10:48 AM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by given2fly (Post 1729538)
i don't know how many OSs you've installed on ur torch, but i've installed every single one since .248 or whatever it was. the first at$t os. Meaning, that when you've gone through that many OSs, you notice the smallest of the smallest details ie, the install process (which varies from .x00 to .x00), the boot differences, and probably the most important pice of info that will tell me how an OS will behave once it settles in...the startup after the 1st reboot. once that happens, i begin to sign in and log into all f my 29 app (i can't hit 30 for the life of me lol), and during that process i see how the OS behaves in relatively every, way.

you don;t need 24 hours to tell if the battery drains faster or slower, u need an hour because once u begin f-ing with ur bb and ur battery vanishes...gee, i wonder..lol.

like i can tell u if u really wanna know, what issues i had with every .5xx release. there's a reason why I'm still on .486 and it's not that forgot to update my profile. even with .600 i can describe to you the freezing issues im having on a constant basis while typing albeit using the virtual or physical keyboard. i use my bb in a particular way and from all the OSs i've used, .486 does it for me. to each is own because every person uses their BB differently, SO...i don't just make things up.

so yes, i can tell within 2 hours of install pretty much everything about the OS.

any more questions?
;-)

No more questions, just an observation... Having spent a number of years in software development, and having run a number of beta programs - any beta user who thought or claimed that they "can tell within 2 hours of install pretty much everything about the OS" is pretty useless as a beta tester - because that's a fairly absurd claim. :oops:

Arthrog 07-02-2011 05:50 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlier (Post 1730045)
No more questions, just an observation... Having spent a number of years in software development, and having run a number of beta programs - any beta user who thought or claimed that they "can tell within 2 hours of install pretty much everything about the OS" is pretty useless as a beta tester - because that's a fairly absurd claim. :oops:

Well, we can tell 3 things immediately.. Worse, Better or same.
For a successful beta program you need a mix of the common users.
A beta program would be less productive if all the users were similar.

less than 10% of blackberry users would be considered advanced.

jimfraser 07-04-2011 01:29 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
This OS has been out since June 21 and still very little feedback. Have downloaded but am reluctant to try it without more feedback. Both .576 and to a lesser extent .570 hang for a while in weak signal areas when trying to lock on to the signal, so am looking for something improved.
A couple of users in our office have reported zoom not working in camera on .534 (latest Bell Canada OS) suddenly on and after July 1.

Calinho 07-18-2011 03:51 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Stupid question...How do you find out what OS your Blackberry Torch is running?

ndub33 07-18-2011 05:54 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Options>Device>About Device Versions.

Calinho 07-19-2011 01:18 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Ok, my version is 6.0.0.246, I see there has been a couple of updates since this. Why does my Blackberry software not update itself?

DallasFlier 07-20-2011 02:19 PM

Re: OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calinho (Post 1733476)
Ok, my version is 6.0.0.246, I see there has been a couple of updates since this. Why does my Blackberry software not update itself?

Hmm... I guess for the same reason your Windows XP computer doesn't update itself to Windows 7. ;-)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.