Originally Posted by aordonez
I have BES 3.6 server with a mapi client running as the bbadmin. Also, I have an exchange server 2003 in a different box. Most users have the 7290s.
Now my question is: How do the emails I read in Outlook get updated in the handheld. I mean, do they use Pop? Imap? This has come up since I have been asked to block incoming pop/imap traffic at the firewall level. It seems that after I did this, my emails are not reconciling on the handheld anymore. Is this just a coincidence, and this is caused by something else? Or do I need to open up those ports again? Is there a work around?
We would need a little more to work with but here are some things that you can try. Usually it would be a permissions or mapi issue if you are not able to reconcile email. BES and Exchange work with SMTP, MAPI, RPC, etc...
1. Is wireless email reconciliation enabled on the BES in the users account?
2. Is wireless email reconciliation enabled on the handheld? Please make sure in the Message Options on the device.
3. If you have Exchange 2003 SP2 then you would require BlackBerry Enteprise Server 3.6 Sevice Pack 7.
4. Is the mapi32.dll located in the exchsvr\bin OR system32 directory the same on the BES and it is on the Exchange.
5. Check all of the permission to see if they are correct.
-Delegate control at the first administrative group and make sure that the bbadmin is an Exchange View Only Administrator.
-At the Server level you want to add 3 permission and not have Full Control. They are Send as, Receive as and Administer information store.
-Make sure that the bbadmin is only a local administrator on the box and a Domain User. There should not be any domain administration accounts in there.
NOTE: It can take 20 minutes to reconcile any messages. If you want to bypass this then push in the trackwheel and select Reconcile Now when you are in the message list and changes have been made.
Hope this help!!