BlackBerry Curve 8900
v.184.108.40.206 (Playform 220.127.116.11)
I've tried searching the boards for anything that might help me with my numerous issues, but didn't come up with anything. My apologies if I missed a post addressing any of this elsewhere!
The new message indicator count at the top of my screen keeps increasing by a new message every five minutes or so. When I go to check my messages, I have nothing new/unread. If I do to the top and select Mark Prior Unread, that resets the new message count, but it just comes back in another five minutes or so, and keeps increasing. I noticed I'm not receiving e-mails on my phone anymore. (I have my GMail account connected - and I've tried deleting and re-adding it. No luck.)
When I go to View Folder
in my messages menu (to check just my e-mail inbox, since I get texts, e-mails, and Facebook notifs all in the same messages folder), my phone freezes for about two minutes before giving me an "Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app (63) is not responding; process terminated
On my own to solve that issue I've tried rebooting it several times. Each time I reboot I get the following error message: "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
I took it into the T-Mobile store near me today to see if anyone who works there had any idea how to handle it. The guy I spoke to rebooted it and saw the Uncaught Exception
message, then told me right away I had to hop on Desktop Manager to do a backup and restore. I have never used Desktop Manager before, so that might be the cause of all of this. I was only two software updates behind. But I do have outdated software running on my BB, and according to the guy at the T-Mobile store, there must be something corrupted in there.
I ran Desktop Manager from the disc I got with my phone (last year). Everything seemed fine until I connected my phone via USB, and once it tried to update the software, it gave me the following error message: "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again
." I tried again and Desktop Manager couldn't establish a connection with my BlackBerry ("Failed to connect to the device. Please make sure the device is properly connected and try again
I don't really understand that since my computer itself recognized that my BlackBerry was connected and I can view all the media on it. So I know it's not a USB cord issue, but even still, I switched out two other cords and I tried on my desktop PC and my laptop Mac and neither could establish connections.
I went to the Blackberry site and downloaded the newest version of Desktop Manager. Once I opened it, I got the following message: "BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device. If the device is rebooting or has a dead battery, click Retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots. If clicking Retry doesn't connect the device, or the device isn't rebooting with a charged battery, you might need to update your BlackBerry Device Software to correct the problem
I clicked Retry
, only to receive the message again, so that didn't work. I clicked Update...
and got an "There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available
." There was a button at the bottom of that box that said View other versions
so I clicked that, saw that I had 18.104.22.168 currently installed. There was an 'recommended' option for 22.214.171.1240, but when I selected that and tried to install it, it said software upgrades are only for people with active BlackBerry subscriptions! I did the Advanced Options
> Host Routing Table
> Register Now
thing, and it said my device was registered.
I followed instructions from this site, but nothing improved. http://www.blackberrycool.com/2010/0...-2010-version/
I also tried everything in this thread, and still couldn't establish a connection: Desktop Manager will not connect/detect my BB
All of this started about 36 hours ago, and I can't remember doing anything differently or new with it, nor damaging it physically in anyway (no water damage, haven't dropped it). I went to see TRON last night and checked my message count - it was at 1400! Really concerning.
I know this is very thorough and wordy, but I know so many of you here are really well-informed and I want to present as much information as possible so there won't be any confusion. I feel like I've tried everything, and I don't know what else to do. My phone is not under warranty and not eligible for an upgrade, so I really need to get it to work again or I just won't have a phone.
Thank you for your time!