A few days ago. i was trying to sync my friends bb with outlook.
i selected the option to only send the contacts from the bb to outlook, in order for him to organize.
but in the middle of the syncronization process, an error appeared saying:
intellisync unable to read from device
after seing the log for the error, and searching the web, it seems i might have a corrupted contact on the contact list, and because of that, it cant sync.
i found a contact with a "." in it, i cannot delete. might this be the one causing the problem? how can i find the corrupted contact/s?
here is the log:
15:53:01.790: End ILX Session, elapsed time = 3.000 seconds
15:53:27.636: Begin ILX Session, Source=Device, Target=Microsoft Outlook
15:53:27.678: Starting One-Way Sync
15:53:27.688: Phase=10, User=21E19C88: Reading data from Microsoft Outlook Contacts
15:53:28.511: Finished Reading 284 Records + 0 Deletes + 0 Unchangeds for User=21E19C88 from Microsoft Outlook Contacts (slow sync input for resync)
15:53:28.515: Phase=20, User=21E19C88: Reading data from Device Address Book
Thu Feb 24 15:53:30 2011: Error Failed to retrieve record on the device.4238 at RIM::DeviceIConnector.cpp line 573
Thu Feb 24 15:53:30 2011: Error 4018.4018 at .\sdk_data.cpp line 1384
Thu Feb 24 15:53:30 2011: Error 4018.4018 at .\Ilx_sdk.cpp line 256
15:53:30.334: Translation Unit Status: User=21E19C88, rc=74, Phase=20, TrErr=4018, SysErr=0 at .\xlatev3.cpp line 596
15:53:31.643: End ILX Session, elapsed time = 4.000 seconds