Creating a VPN on the blackberry is possible but realize you need to have the configuration and options used at the far end. You do need to specify the type.
1. go to options, security options and to VPN
- create new VPN connection
- select VPN vendor type
- put in the name of VPN
- put in concentrator ip address (this is your vpn server ip
address or FQDN, ie vpn.host.com)
- define VPN group name and password (depending on what
type of your vpn is)
- specify domain username\password
- you can tick on save passphrase if your password doesn't
- dynamically determine DNS if you get DNS ip
addresses from DHCP
- enable extended authentication
After the profile is saved, you'll have to set WIFI profile up (if you haven't already set one up) Then go to options and go to WIFI connections. Edit the WIFI profile and scroll down right to the bottom where it says VPN. Put the VPN profile name in there and save.
this is all dependent on the far end configuration.
__________________ If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button î
Z10 on BES Z10 on BIS
Last edited by tsac : 03-06-2011 at 12:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tsac For This Useful Post: