06-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Join Date: May 2011
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Re: CALENDAR problem, can't seem to find an answe :(
The knowledgebase article above didn't solve my problem. But I do have a solution that finally worked for me.
I sync my calendar with desktop Outlook, and Facebook was constantly hijacking my calendar entries. I tried changing the default calendar, deleting the Facebook CICAL entry, etc. Nothing worked, until I spent a week going back and forth with BB tech support and came up with this solution:
1. Wipe the device (Options --> Security --> Security Wipe)
2. BEFORE syncing for the first time (this part is crucial -- it won't work if you sync first), set up Internet email on the device and/o resend your old email service books from before the wipe;
3. Choose a named email address on device to hold your default calendar (Options --> Device --> Advanced System Settings --> Default Services --> Calendar (CICAL) drop down menu.)
4. Now sync with your desktop. Your Desktop calendar entries will be tied to your default device calendar, which will be tied to the account you selected in #3.
5. Activate your device Facebook app. It will now do its own thing without duplicating or hijacking your other calendar entries.
I hope this helps others who were as frustrated as I was!
Last edited by mottsmith : 06-06-2011 at 02:07 AM.