05-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Join Date: May 2011
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Re: Unable to Sync Contacts With Outlook
Great, this is exactly what I was looking for. however I suspect the issues are related to the latest update I applied (Bundle 1656) to the OS.
While I was able to identify the "bad" outlook entry and remove it using the tif log, I am now experiencing the same issue that I experienced when restored the backup after applying the OS update and which made me think a clean synchronization may solve the problem.
for some reason, one of the entries is duplicated by something like 200 at the top of the address book. The same entry also shows up in its normal position in the address book (my address book is sorted by first name).
I took the following actions which resulted with the following strange behavior:
1. Updated the contact (in any of the duplications) and the changes were reflected in all duplicates including the actual entry.
2. Deleted one of the entries - The "valid" entry was deleted but the duplicated entries on top of the contact list became blank lines. Trying to click on any of the duplicated blank entries, opened the "Add New Contact" window.
3. Added new contact on the device - the blank duplicated entries got filled with the new contact and basically duplicated the new entry.
I rolled back the OS to V5.0 (bundle 1206) and did a clean synchronization. All entries shows up correctly and I got no errors, including the entry that was flagged as bad. I have to conclude the issues seem to rely with Bundle 1656 and Storm2 compatibility.
Since this update was pushed through the DM, I assumed it was tested and confirmed with Storm2 devices. however it looks like it wasn't. Makes you wonder whether to trust any future updates as this has already taken 2 working days of my time. Quite disappointing.
Last edited by eyalkattan : 05-07-2011 at 10:12 AM.