07-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Network Blocked - Invalid SIM Card problem
Please Login to Remove!
I need help!
Here are the symptoms:
1. My SIM card shows the following:
2. When I restart my phone, I get the following message:
Your current SIM card requires an unlock code. Would you like to unlock it?
However, when I say yes (or NO for that matter) the window disappears without giving me the opportunity to enter anything.
3. The main screen always displays: Invalid SIM Card
4. I am unable to use the phone overseas. The same phone used to work overseas. This is a new problem.
5. The phone works fine in the US.
6. Verizon could not help. They offered to exchange the phone, which I am trying to avoid, since I have a lot of customized setting that I don't want to redo.
Here's what I have done with no success:
1. Got a new SIM card from Verizon.
2. Tried every combination possible of MEP2, MEPP2, with a SIM, without a SIM, with a new Verizon SIM, all without success. The window requesting the unlock code never came up.
3. Did a reset to factory setting and a total wipe out, and repeated the above.
Thank you very much
Last edited by mauricerached : 07-23-2011 at 06:03 PM.