08-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
| | Re: Replacing BB phones and users
1. Wipe device #2 (the re-allocated one).
2. Make sure the user who had device #2 is no longer on the BES. DO NOT remove the user who will be receiving device #2 - leave their account on the BES.
3. Move the SIM card from device #1 (the one with the phone issue) to device #2.
4. Verify device #2 can make/receive calls AND send/receive PIN messages.
5. Set the activation password on the BES for the user.
6. Perform the enterprise activation.
Assuming the user's contact information was syncing properly with device #1, their contacts will wirelessly sync with the new device, along with all of the settings/options they had set on device #1.
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!