Originally Posted by montrealappleguy
I'm not sure I can help, but lets give it a try... here's a couple of questions
1- Do you have a data or email package with your mobile supplier, I know it sound like a stupid question but you can setup your email via the WIFI...
2- How did you add you Gmail account, through the Blackberry or via the WEB ? if it was via the Blackberry, sometimes the device check to see if your Email Setup software is up to date, did it check if it was ?
3- Did you install the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer? If so did you check if your Blackberry was up to date ?
4- Did you try to re-install the latest Version of your OS of your Blackberry ?
5- Did you try to add another account beside Gmail, like a Yahoo account or Hotmail to see if it was working with one of these two?
Hope this will help...
Hi, thanks for the reply.
1. Yes, I do have a data package.
2. I added the gmail account through the blackberry. It was checking for updates before it went to the email settings. I am guessing the email set-up is up to date.
3. Yes, I have the latest desktop software, but there is an updated version of the software. It is currently running on 6.0 bundle, version v184.108.40.2068. Do I need to update? Could this be what is causing the problem.
4. No I did not try this cos the phone is brand new. Do I really need to do this?
5. I only have a gmail account and thus did not try adding another account.
Addition information is that I can see my emails in the 'messages folder' and I can open and read them through this folder. So what could possibly be the problem with this gmail application.