05-01-2012, 06:50 AM
Join Date: May 2012
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Problem installing East Asian Language pack
Please Login to Remove!
I am struggling to install an east asian language pack on my 9300.
I have followed the steps one can find :
In BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows®:
1. From the wireless service provider's website, download the BlackBerry Device Software for the BlackBerry smartphone that includes the East Asian language pack.
I have chosen BlackBerry Handheld Software v126.96.36.19921 (Asia), from SmarTone HK, which I installed on my computer
2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Done, with 2 different versions (v5 and v6)
3. Select the application loader tool.
Done (although I am not sure where it is located in v6, is that 'Applications' ?)
4. Open Add/Remove Programs. At this point BlackBerry Desktop Manager confirms if the BlackBerry Device Software version that is installed is specific to the wireless service provider that the BlackBerry smartphone was purchased from.
5. From the Device Application Select screen, locate East Asian Language and Input Support.
I can't find it, although I installed it
6. Select the language you want to install.
7. Click Next. The installation will begin.
What did I do wrong ?
Last edited by Lorenzaccio : 05-01-2012 at 06:52 AM.