BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Application list in DM disappeared after update

Please Login to Remove!

I am using BB storm 9530 and I have just updated my desktop manager to V5.0 bundle 1471. However, I could not see the applications list in DM any more after update. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!
Offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,721
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default Re: Application list in DM disappeared after update

Desktop Manager? Version 5?

At any rate, do a cold reboot on the computer and a hard reset on the BlackBerry and then try again.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Application list in DM disappeared after update

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Desktop Manager? Version 5?

At any rate, do a cold reboot on the computer and a hard reset on the BlackBerry and then try again.
Yes, Desktop Manager V5. I have tried to uninstall the DM, reset my computer, and then re-install the DM and restore my BlackBerry, but it did not work. I noticed that there would be a synchronization error when I clicked syn all. This would be the reason?
Offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,721
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default Re: Application list in DM disappeared after update

Is there a reason you are using an old version of Desktop Manager instead of the newest?

As far as your issues, I don't know. If you simply uninstalled Desktop Manager and then installed it that may not solve the problem. Search and find procedures for a clean uninstalled.....search on clean uninstall desktop manager.....and perhaps try that.

Unless you need to use version 5 you might also consider version 6 or version 7.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to aiharkness For This Useful Post:
BBiL (07-15-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Application list in DM disappeared after update

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Is there a reason you are using an old version of Desktop Manager instead of the newest?

As far as your issues, I don't know. If you simply uninstalled Desktop Manager and then installed it that may not solve the problem. Search and find procedures for a clean uninstalled.....search on clean uninstall desktop manager.....and perhaps try that.

Unless you need to use version 5 you might also consider version 6 or version 7.
Thanks for your reply. I did a clean uninstall and am using the newest desktop sofeware 7.0, it don't work. I have searched online but it seems there's no anyone else had this problem. God!
Offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,721
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default Re: Application list in DM disappeared after update

You have mentioned two problems, Desktop Manager not showing the applications list when you were using version 5, and then the sync error, though it isn't clear what version you were trying when you got the sync error.

Now that you are using version 7, do you get the applications list?

If you are getting the sync error with version 7, that could be a bug, I don't know. There were and maybe still are issues with version 7 and Outlook. Do a search and see if there are indeed still issues and if they apply to your situation.

Of course the sync error could be something else. If it isn't the bug I refer to above, post the exact circumstances and the exact error message.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Application list in DM disappeared after update

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
You have mentioned two problems, Desktop Manager not showing the applications list when you were using version 5, and then the sync error, though it isn't clear what version you were trying when you got the sync error.

Now that you are using version 7, do you get the applications list?

If you are getting the sync error with version 7, that could be a bug, I don't know. There were and maybe still are issues with version 7 and Outlook. Do a search and see if there are indeed still issues and if they apply to your situation.

Of course the sync error could be something else. If it isn't the bug I refer to above, post the exact circumstances and the exact error message.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
For the applications list, I am using the version 7 and I can not get it.

For the sync error, I have more details if you want.

At the begining of this issue, I tried to use Chinese in the DM. Just after I reinstall the DM in Chinese, I found the applications list disappeared at first. During the process I tried to solve the applications list, the sync error also came out. Now, when I changed the DM language back to English, the sync error did not come again, so it seems that the display language in DM had caused the sync error. But the problem is I still can not get the applications list im my DM 7.0. I doute whether the change of display language had caused the disapperence of the applications list? I hope these can help you, thanks!
Offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,721
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default Re: Application list in DM disappeared after update

I'm really not sure but here is what I would try next. First do a full backup of the device. Then do a security wipe and select to delete all user-installed apps. Then connect to desktop manager and see if it does what it should. If it does, restore your data and test. Then reinstall only the apps you absolutely need, and test.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Application list in DM disappeared after update

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I'm really not sure but here is what I would try next. First do a full backup of the device. Then do a security wipe and select to delete all user-installed apps. Then connect to desktop manager and see if it does what it should. If it does, restore your data and test. Then reinstall only the apps you absolutely need, and test.
Thanks for your suggestion. I will try what you suggested later though I can use my BB normally till now.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: Application list in DM disappeared after update
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Storm problem list / summary wild satchmo General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm 33 01-08-2009 01:22 PM
Theme with Application Screen as list - not icons? js515 BlackBerry Themes 11 12-31-2008 08:00 AM
Problem using Desktop Application Loader to deploy my application spainb General BlackBerry Discussion 0 12-11-2008 03:02 PM
Wireless Application Push Khue BES Admin Corner 119 05-15-2007 11:46 AM
7100I Big HELP whoknowswhat General Legacy Device Discussion 1 10-23-2005 03:45 PM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.