BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Model: 9360
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Call log history settings

Please Login to Remove!

I have the 9360.

When I click on view history for a phone call, the call log that appears only goes back about a month, even though many calls prior to that will show up if I manually scroll through calls.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed?
Offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
tsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Others run out when we run in
Model: Z10
OS: 10.010219
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 8,310
Post Thanks: 43
Thanked 583 Times in 578 Posts
Default Re: Call log history settings

There is a limit.

KB14213-Call logs, SMS text messages, and email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone
__________________
If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button


9810 BES
Z10 on BES
9700 BIS
Offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Model: 9360
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Call log history settings

When I scroll to a call in the call log, and press menu, view history, it begins a search for all the calls from that number.

Well, the search comes back as zero. Not even the call that I had originated the search from shows up.

What is wrong here?
Offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
tsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Others run out when we run in
Model: Z10
OS: 10.010219
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 8,310
Post Thanks: 43
Thanked 583 Times in 578 Posts
Default Re: Call log history settings

I suspect the amount of memory may be low and your not able to keep much data on the blackberry. The memory card usually holds media and other non OS data.
Clicking on the call button then blackberry key then view then history should show a list of calls.
Another possibility is some OS corruption causing the history logs to be lost. If pulling the battery does not help it may be wise to try a reload of the OS. Do a backup first and download the OS to a PC to avoid any OTA issues. Look in the FAQ section for info on using JL_cmdr to do a reload.
__________________
If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button


9810 BES
Z10 on BES
9700 BIS
Offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Model: 9360
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Call log history settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
I suspect the amount of memory may be low and your not able to keep much data on the blackberry. The memory card usually holds media and other non OS data.
Clicking on the call button then blackberry key then view then history should show a list of calls.
Another possibility is some OS corruption causing the history logs to be lost. If pulling the battery does not help it may be wise to try a reload of the OS. Do a backup first and download the OS to a PC to avoid any OTA issues. Look in the FAQ section for info on using JL_cmdr to do a reload.
Memory has 3gig available.

I have noticed alot of calls have deleted from call history.

Should I try a reload of OS?

I have a backup I did previously before calls had been deleted. I would rather use that backup to restore the phone.
Offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
tsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Others run out when we run in
Model: Z10
OS: 10.010219
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 8,310
Post Thanks: 43
Thanked 583 Times in 578 Posts
Default Re: Call log history settings

Your internal memory is 256 meg not anywhere near the 3 gig.
As I said unless your near the limit for Apps the next thing to try is an OS update of replacement.
You can try to delete an app you added and dont need to see it that helps before you do anything with OS
__________________
If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button


9810 BES
Z10 on BES
9700 BIS
Offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Model: 9360
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Call log history settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
Your internal memory is 256 meg not anywhere near the 3 gig.
As I said unless your near the limit for Apps the next thing to try is an OS update of replacement.
You can try to delete an app you added and dont need to see it that helps before you do anything with OS
I have 115mb available of that.

When I first bought the 9360, the firmware it had was working fine for the call logs.

However, battery life sucked with it. Thus, I did the OS upgrade to 7.1.0.523 and thats when I started experiencing this problem. Today, I upgraded to 7.1.0.567 (the newest), and it still has this problem.

If I scroll to a call that is older than 30 days, and I click "view history", the search results is zero.

I don't know what else to try. I have tried upgrading OS, and verified I have plenty of memory available.

At a loss now and very frustrated.
Offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
tsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Others run out when we run in
Model: Z10
OS: 10.010219
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 8,310
Post Thanks: 43
Thanked 583 Times in 578 Posts
Default Re: Call log history settings

It almost seems like RIM made a change. If you have the older OS you can try going back and if it now shows older logs then maybe they did do something. The wierd thing is the info on the RIM support site does not indicate an issue or change to the log storage. the only other thing I think that may cause this is an interaction from an App. You can try deleting any you added. You did not indicate if you did or did not add apps.
__________________
If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button


9810 BES
Z10 on BES
9700 BIS
Offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Model: 9360
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Call log history settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
It almost seems like RIM made a change. If you have the older OS you can try going back and if it now shows older logs then maybe they did do something. The wierd thing is the info on the RIM support site does not indicate an issue or change to the log storage. the only other thing I think that may cause this is an interaction from an App. You can try deleting any you added. You did not indicate if you did or did not add apps.
I give up.

I'm manually emailing a copy of each call detail to myself now. Then, within my email, I search by telephone number, and all calls will show up. Makes for an easy way to keep track, as long as I do it frequently before calls are deleted from the call log.

Eventually, I will get another phone. Something with call log features I need.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: Call log history settings
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to list ALL individual calls on the call log? nameisthisacceptable General BlackBerry Discussion 3 03-22-2012 12:33 PM
Call Log Issue when on Call (BB 8320) webchetan General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve 1 10-09-2008 01:03 PM
Log Retention settings for SMS, Pin, PhoneCall logs? pej BES Admin Corner 2 03-02-2007 08:55 PM
8703e guide techman1 BlackBerry Guides 3 09-28-2006 09:24 AM
8703e guide and all other series of bb techman1 BlackBerry Guides 1 09-21-2006 09:12 PM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.