Originally Posted by clivetemple
Ok, let me go through it again.
1. I have moved to another country.
2. I have put a new sim in the BB.
3. I want to use the phone.
4. When I restarted after inserting the sim it asked for my ID password.
5. I entered the one I thought was correct.
6. BB error message says it wasn't corrent.
7. I changed the password at BlackBerry ID Password Reset (I can't enter urls) using my laptop.
8. After waiting an hour I tried the new password on my BB.
9. It did not work.
So. Do I have to go to a wifi spot to enter the new password on my phone?
The fact that I don't have a data plan may be a problem but it doesn't make what I am doing useless. I want to use the phone and BBM.
Let us go through it again:
1. You need a BlackBerry data plan
2. You need a ACTIVE data connection (WiFi or mobile) to enter your BlackBerry ID password as it must be checked against the server
3. In order for WiFi to work properly you need a BlackBerry data plan
4. In order for BBM to work, you need a BlackBerry data plan
5. You need a BlackBerry data plan