09-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Join Date: Sep 2014
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Re: I seem to have lost my instant messaging icon
I fixed it, I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the OS. then restoring all data, all is good now. Thanks.
1. connect your phone via USB
2. Backup all important contents with the blackberry desktop manager by clicking device>restore
3. Back up all 3rd party applications using bbsak by selecting the back up app option
4. install the OS on your windows computer like any other normal sofware, when done go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader look for a file "vedor.xml" and delete it
5.remove the battery den plug the phone via USB to the computer go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and click on the application "apploader.exe"
6.after it has detecting your PIN click next/continue select all the components of the OS you want and click next/contiune
7. The installation will begin be careful not to disconnect the phone while it is installing
8. when it gets to the part of "trying to reconnect to JVM" insert the battery back into the phone
9.once the installation is completed use the same process to restore your applications back to the phone and also to restore the backed up data from the blackberry desktop manager