|JSanders ||03-31-2017 10:50 AM |
How to Reload your Blackberry10 OS
For users having issues with your BlackBerry10 device and you think you need to reload the operating system to the device, I've made these notes to guide you through the process:
- Upgrading your OS: If you are attempting to UPGRADE your BlackBerry10 operating system and are not getting the official OS pushed to your device "over the air" (Settings > Software Updates) from your mobile provider or carrier , first remove the SIM card from the device, and in your Settings > Location Services, disable Location Services, then proceed with the steps below. Removing the SIM card remove the mobile provider identity from the device and 'may' allow you to get the update outside of your mobile provider's release.
- Using the Link software on your PC, click on the "Reload Device Software" tab at the top of Link screen. Follow the directions there to complete the reload. Do not disconnect your device during the process until complete.
Alternatively, if the above process does not work for you or your BlackBerry10 device does not show as connected, follow the steps below.
This requires you have a a Windows PC computer.
- Disconnect your BlackBerry10 device from the PC.
- On the PC, turn off your BlackBerry Link and turn off the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- Open your Internet Explorer (Firefox may also work) and navigate to www.BlackBerry.com/updates, Down the webpage , select the "Check for Updates" link.
- Connect your BlackBerry10 device with which you're having problems.
- On the BlackBerry10 device , press and hold the top edge power button for 10 seconds until it is complete off, and then turn on by pressingthe the power button again.
- You will see a prompt appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will appear in a dropdown list just after the LED turns red. You should see "USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN)
- When you see that prompt, as soon as possible, click on the OK Button.
- After these previous steps have been completed, there will be displayed a message: "Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds."
- After that period, the BlackBerry10's LED is supposed to be lit green.
- Wait until after you see the LED turn green. Then, there will appear a prompt to install BlackBerry Device Software.
- Follow the remaining prompts to complete the install of the operating system.
When the installation has completed the BlackBerry will commence the boot process.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM. || |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.