Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Start first with these please:
- KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
- KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior
- KB32111 "The link is no longer valid." is encountered when attempting to reset a BlackBerry ID password
- KB26361 How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password
- KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
- KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox
If you have forgotten your BB ID credentials AND have non-BB access (e.g., Outlook, webmail, etc.) to the email account that is currently configured to your BB ID account, then those instructions should allow you to recover access to your BB ID account, even without the password or recovery question
(please read them all carefully to find the section that applies to you).
As a last automated resort, and only if you have the original email you received when you originally created your BBID (it cannot be regenerated), then it should contain a link to actually now destroy your BBID. Then, you create a new BBID, but using the exact same credentials (username, email address)
, and it is supposed to relink all of your prior BBWorld records (purchases, downloads) and allow you to continue on.
However, if you do not have access to that email account, or if you never properly validated your BBID account
, then your challenge is much greater, and you have a choice to make depending on your circumstances:
- If you have no AppWorld records, BBM Contacts, etc. that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. To do so, however, does require a device WIPE:
- KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
- But, if you do have AppWorld records, BBM Contacts, etc. that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be resetting your current BB ID so that you can again access it or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records.