10-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Exchange Options
Please Login to Remove!
I've been asked to look into e-mail on telephone's. We use Exchange 2003 on an SBS box.
I've outlined what I think our options are:
* able to synchronize address book, calendar using Desktop manager
* Total Synchronization: BES server with Exchange, inbound and outbound e-mail get sent to and from device to Exchange. Only applies to messages after system setup. Inbox & Sent items, Contacts, Calendar events synchronized 100%
* POP3 accounts: Setup exchange to be a POP3 server, setup device to access POP3 server leaving message on the server. New mail gets pulled when connected, however, network username and password get sent via clear text, no synchronization with Exchange server (sent items for example)
* Forwarding: Not sure if this a valid option, but choose to forward e-mail from Exchange mailbox to users device... maybe with something like <telephone#>@<mobile providers address>
Mobile Windows Devices
* able to synchronize outlook to the devices (mail, contacts, tasks,notes )
* I believe POP3 can be setup as well.
* I believe a push like technology can be done
Push technology Questions
Can you strip attachments to make message smaller?
Can you setup any other filtering.