Hi there. Any insight will be helpfull...
My BES environment - 4.0, SP3 for Domino.
I've been able to successfully deploy 3rd party apps wirelessly, not a problem. The trouble I'm having is UPGRADING these applications.
From what I understand, the version defined in the ALX file (located in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications\AppName\*.alx) is compared to the version in the user's handheld profile (as seen via the BlackBerry Manager). When the BES polls for application deployment (by default every 4 hours), it should upgrade the application. It's not. When I click the "Update Configuration Check Status", I continually see "Upgrade Required".
I've increased the application polling interval to 30 minutes to help speed things up. Information on this can be seen at the following URLs: http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...40216&vernum=1 http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33550
Anyway, I'm just not able to Upgrade this application. I've even tried the following:
- apply a "null" software configuration to the device (removes the current configuration)
- delete the software configuration
- delete the application from the file system
- copy the application to a new directory on the file system (c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications\NEWAPPNAME\*.*)
- index the applications (c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ --> loader.exe/index)
- create a NEW software configuration
- apply this configuration to the device.
For whatever reason, it's just not loading. Very frustrating. The above basically starts the process from scratch, one would think it would work.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
PS - device type is 7290, but I'm not sure how relevant this is.