Announcing BlackBerry® Internet Service 3.2 Product Overview
The BlackBerry® Internet Service is designed to provide individuals access to email messaging, instant messaging, Internet browsing, and more. BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers can receive automatic delivery of email messages for up to ten email accounts on their BlackBerry smartphones.
BlackBerry Internet Service 3.2 is the latest version of the BlackBerry Internet Service offered by RIM. Features Calendar synchronization
Automatic login enhancements
- Two-way synchronization of Google® calendar entries and entries in the Calendar application on the smartphone.
Show and hide password option
- Includes support for BlackBerry® Device Software 4.6 and earlier.
- BlackBerry smartphone users who use a user name and password to access their BlackBerry Internet Service accounts no longer have to type their user name and password on their smartphones to manage their email addresses.
New password criteria
- Users can choose to show or hide the passwords for all email addresses that need to be validated by clicking once on the Show password or Hide password.
- Newly created passwords for BlackBerry Internet Service accounts and BlackBerry email addresses must meet new criteria:
- include 8-16 characters
- include at least one letter and one number
- cannot include the word “password”
- cannot include the user name of the BlackBerry Internet Service account or BlackBerry email address that the password is associated with