BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot
Posts: 1,009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Verizon Wireless BIS login

Please Login to Remove!

Try this: http://www.blackberry.com/go/vzw

Change is good.

I do not have blackberry on Verizon to see what is behind this login. If you do- share your experience!
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: iPh6
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,821
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 442 Times in 382 Posts
Default

Looks like Verizon is going to the new BIS that T-Mobile has had for a few months....
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 08:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot
Posts: 1,009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How good is it? I mean, new BIS from Verizon, not from T-Mobile.
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: iPh6
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,821
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 442 Times in 382 Posts
Default

Dunno - I don't use Verizon. If it is like the one from T-Mobile, you lose access to your web based Inbox - everything goes straight to the BB, but you gain a bunch of functionality. I'm sure Verizon will announce it Monday.
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Not able to read email

On new website, I'm not able to read email. My blackberry data is down and keep appear error "Data Connection Refused" since 3 days. I'll get replace new one on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Anyone able to read email on new website?
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
MrKyoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 4s
OS: iOS
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4,546
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

First T-Mobile then Cingular now Verizon, I hope Nextel is right around the corner.

-MrKyoo
__________________
http://twitter.com/mrkyoo
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 62
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just switched over to the new VZW BIS. It works fine, so far.

Two questions for those of you using an IMAP or POP server at your ISP with the new BIS.

1. Does the "delete message from device and mailbox" delete the message from your IMAP/POP box? It tried it with gmail POP, but gmail is a bit different.

2. Does the "delete prior" delete the message from your BB and your IMAP/POP mailbox?

Thanks.
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
whsbuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,791
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I checked Verizon's site for any updated info on the new BIS (dts.vzw.com) and there's nothing new. In fact it has the old information regarding the BIS web interface. Has anyone who updated seen any new functions using the mail connector on their 7130e?
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 62
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I got it through this link

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

It looks 100% different. It also doesn't complain if you're running Firefox.

Also, forgot to mention: I have a new shortcut/icon for each of my email accounts on my BB's main screen. I assume that will show me only messages from those accounts.

I'm running the latest firmware on my 7130e, btw.

Last edited by mistermix : 04-08-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do you have to be running OS 4.1 to use the new VZW BIS?

I have a 7250 running 4.0.x and I was wondering if I would have to updgrade my OS before upgrading to the new BIS.
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
whsbuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,791
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermix
Also, forgot to mention: I have a new shortcut/icon for each of my email accounts on my BB's main screen. I assume that will show me only messages from those accounts.

I'm running the latest firmware on my 7130e, btw.
So there's no ONE mail icon? Without an inbox, how do you view email sent directly to your bis.blackberry.net?vzw address?
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 337
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
So there's no ONE mail icon? Without an inbox, how do you view email sent directly to your bis.blackberry.net?vzw address?
You have to view it on your Blackberry or forwrd it from your blackberry to another email address.
__________________
Dusty
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
whsbuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,791
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Saddle
You have to view it on your Blackberry or forwrd it from your blackberry to another email address.
I guess my question (based on another post here) is, is there a separate icon for each mailbox (those you integrated in the BIS) and one for the BIS itself?
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 337
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_dfw_tx
Do you have to be running OS 4.1 to use the new VZW BIS?

I have a 7250 running 4.0.x and I was wondering if I would have to updgrade my OS before upgrading to the new BIS.
No, you don't have to upgrade your OS. I just switched to the new BIS with my 7250 and it works fine. When you respond to an email, it now uses that address as the return address and you can set up different signatures for each email address that you have linked to your blackberry.
__________________
Dusty
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 337
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
I guess my question (based on another post here) is, is there a separate icon for each mailbox (those you integrated in the BIS) and one for the BIS itself?
There is a separate icon for each email address on your BIS but no icon for the BIS itself. You can't view email on the BIS because there is no in box. The separate icons for each mailbox allow you to configure them with return address and signature, etc.
__________________
Dusty
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Saddle
No, you don't have to upgrade your OS. I just switched to the new BIS with my 7250 and it works fine. When you respond to an email, it now uses that address as the return address and you can set up different signatures for each email address that you have linked to your blackberry.

Thanks for the reply, Dusty. So all i have to do is "yes" to upgrade after I login via the web and it will push all of the new functionality to my BB?
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
whsbuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,791
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Saddle
There is a separate icon for each email address on your BIS but no icon for the BIS itself. You can't view email on the BIS because there is no in box. The separate icons for each mailbox allow you to configure them with return address and signature, etc.
Thanks Dusty.

So how do you view/manage email sent directly to your BIS email address (user@vzw.blackberry.net)?
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 10:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 62
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
I guess my question (based on another post here) is, is there a separate icon for each mailbox (those you integrated in the BIS) and one for the BIS itself?
There is an icon for each mailbox and your old mail icon.
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #19 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
whsbuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,791
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermix
There is an icon for each mailbox and your old mail icon.
Got it. Thanks.

And I assume for each POP/IMAP account polled, the time frame is still 10-15 minutes? Has anyone noticed that if you delete a message on your BB for a particluar POP/IMAP account, the message is deleted on the remote mail server?
Offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 337
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_dfw_tx
Thanks for the reply, Dusty. So all i have to do is "yes" to upgrade after I login via the web and it will push all of the new functionality to my BB?
Yup.
__________________
Dusty
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.