A few times lately I have sent mail from my handheld and heard later that took a long time to reach its destination. Today I finally got my hands on a header from such an email.
I am a Cingular customer. I use the web client (no BES or redirector). The following header is from an email I sent to a bellsouth.net user last Friday. The message showed up on the bellsouth.net side today.
I'm pretty much always in a good coverage area, and I sent a good number of messages from my Blackberry between the time this one was sent and received. All of my other messages seem to have been received.
It looks to me like RIM didn't send the message until today. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea what could be happening?
Received: from ibm26aec.bellsouth.net ([188.8.131.52])
by imf07aec.mail.bellsouth.net with ESMTP
id <20060410104133.IDQZ2126.imf07aec.mail.bellsouth.n email@example.com>
for <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:41:33 -0400
Received: from smtp03.bis.na.blackberry.com ([184.108.40.206])
by ibm26aec.bellsouth.net with ESMTP
id <20060410104133.KAJZ29310.ibm26aec.bellsouth.net@s mtp03.bis.na.blackberry.com>
for <email@example.com>; Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:41:33 -0400
References: <20060407145900.DUGM3111.ibm68aec.bellsouth.net@ma il.bellsouth.net>
In-Reply-To: <20060407145900.DUGM3111.ibm68aec.bellsouth.net@ma il.bellsouth.net>
From: "xxxxxxxx" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 15:02:35 +0000 GMT