BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: GTA (Toronto)
Model: 8830
Carrier: BellMob
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Voice only, WAP browser not there?

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Bell 7250 v4.1.0.303 activated with a voice plan only. I know I won't get the Blackberry or MDS browser but I assumed I would get the WAP BMC browser.

Voice services and SMS are working just fine. But there are no service book entries for anything related to browsers.

Is there a way to get the WAP browser on this voice-only 7250?

field172
Offline  
Old 04-29-2006, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
SpRiNgZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Birmingham
Model: 7100v
Posts: 64
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/-1)

Have you tried contacting your sevice provider (bell)...
__________________
MARK ALLEN
7100v with all the extras
Vodafone
Offline  
Old 04-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
rcbjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Texas
Model: 8700
Posts: 1,366
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by field172
I have a Bell 7250 v4.1.0.303 activated with a voice plan only. I know I won't get the Blackberry or MDS browser but I assumed I would get the WAP BMC browser.

Voice services and SMS are working just fine. But there are no service book entries for anything related to browsers.

Is there a way to get the WAP browser on this voice-only 7250?

field172
----
The answer is one you don't want to hear, but No. No BB Plan = No Data Service!
You will not be able to access anything that uses data services. The BB uses the RIM network for all data and without a BB plan, you can't access the RIM network.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Offline  
Old 04-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: GTA (Toronto)
Model: 8830
Carrier: BellMob
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpRiNgZ
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/-1)

Have you tried contacting your sevice provider (bell)...
Hum... good suggestion. I'll try that (Monday I guess).
Offline  
Old 04-29-2006, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: GTA (Toronto)
Model: 8830
Carrier: BellMob
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbjr
----
The answer is one you don't want to hear, but No. No BB Plan = No Data Service!
You will not be able to access anything that uses data services. The BB uses the RIM network for all data and without a BB plan, you can't access the RIM network.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
If that's the case how does a voice only CDMA phone use the BMC WAP browser? I'd like to think the Blackberry can work in the same way, just as it currently can send/receive SMS messages with my voice-only plan.

field172.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

120 volt solenoid valve Honeywell X5L2750GT, 100psi out of package
$9.0
120 volt solenoid valve Honeywell X5L2750GT, 100psi out of package pictureTAIYO SOLENOID VALVE RB522-2P 1.5~9.8
$140.0
TAIYO SOLENOID VALVE RB522-2P 1.5~9.8 pictureNACHI SOLENOID VALVE SL-G01-A3X-GR-D2-11 WARRANTY
$125.0
NACHI SOLENOID VALVE SL-G01-A3X-GR-D2-11 WARRANTY pictureDAIKIN SOLENOID VALVE MOD NO JSW-G02-2NA-1 1-D MFG NO 0X JSW-G02-2NA-11-D
$150.0
DAIKIN SOLENOID VALVE MOD NO JSW-G02-2NA-1 1-D MFG NO 0X  JSW-G02-2NA-11-D pictureDAIKIN SOLENOID OPERATED VALVE S-G03-2BA-20-8
$165.0
DAIKIN SOLENOID OPERATED VALVE S-G03-2BA-20-8 picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.