09-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA.
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaberkaber
I closed an account for one of my pop accounts, but when I click r to reply to an email and send something it continues to specify the From address as the account I no longer use. I went to blackberry cingular's website and deleted that old account, but my phone insists on loading the old data for the From box if I reply to an email. If I compose a new message it uses the proper email address in the From box though.
I have also sent the new service books to the phone.
Appreciate if someone could help me resolve this issue cause it's a bit frustrating not being able to use r to reply to a message.
Found another thread.. Did this
This is the reply I got from google/gmail team (I am about to try it)
Thank you for your message.
To fix the problem you've encountered, please follow these steps:
1. Delete your existing Gmail POP profile from your Blackberry POP settings.
2. Create a new Gmail POP profile, and do not leave messages on Gmail's server.
3. Log in to your Gmail account at mail.google.com, and click 'Settings' at the top of any Gmail page.
4. Open the 'Forwarding and POP' tab, and select 'Disable POP.'
5. Click 'Save Changes.'
6. In the same tab, now select 'Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on.'
7. Click 'Save Changes.'
After following the above steps, please try to download mail onto your Blackberry again. If you still have trouble, please respond to this message, and we'll investigate further.
The Google Team
You should be able to go into Options->Advanced Options->Messages Services and delete the old service book if its still there.