BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: 8700C
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 160
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Why does my device display two pin's?

Please Login to Remove!

I used the diagnostic tool found here and it displays my pin as 540666651 but on the status menu under options it displays 2039eb1b, I sent a test message and it came back to me.



Anyone know why this is?
Offline  
Old 02-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: Z30
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,920
Post Thanks: 61
Thanked 253 Times in 184 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I would say the 203 number is your actual PIN. Is that the one you tested?
Offline  
Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
moosehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Model: 8700c
PIN: tucked behind a bunker
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 965
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment
I used the diagnostic tool found here and it displays my pin as 540666651 but on the status menu under options it displays 2039eb1b, I sent a test message and it came back to me.



Anyone know why this is?
Yeah I have to agree I'd say 2039eb1b is your actual pin. Want me to send a test to that pin #? Can't comment on the tool you were using that displayed the other # considering i don't know what the tool is.
Offline  
Old 02-06-2007, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: 8700C
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 160
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I would say the 203 number is your actual PIN. Is that the one you tested?
No I sent the test message to 540666651 and it came back to me but it said it came from 2039eb1b.
test.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead
Yeah I have to agree I'd say 2039eb1b is your actual pin. Want me to send a test to that pin #? Can't comment on the tool you were using that displayed the other # considering i don't know what the tool is.

Yes please do send a test message!

Last edited by Figment : 02-06-2007 at 11:55 PM.
Offline  
Old 02-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 27,908
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 459 Times in 395 Posts
Default

I am virtually 100% certain that 540666651 is not a valid pin.
Offline  
Old 02-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8800
Carrier: m
Posts: 108
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

One is decimal one is hexadecimal. Same number, just a different way of expressing it. Try this: Open calculator -> View -> Scientific -> Paste 540666651 in to the box -> Click Hex -> Viola! 2039EB1B

In case you were wondering this pin is 100000001110011110101100011011 in binary. Blech!
Offline  
Old 02-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Andi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.448
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 549
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Oh my... math "phetish" too Phil?
Offline  
Old 02-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: 8700C
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 160
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetish phil
One is decimal one is hexadecimal. Same number, just a different way of expressing it. Try this: Open calculator -> View -> Scientific -> Paste 540666651 in to the box -> Click Hex -> Viola! 2039EB1B

In case you were wondering this pin is 100000001110011110101100011011 in binary. Blech!
OOO thanks! Good to know.
Offline  




Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.