I have been posting updates to this theme here ... http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-contrast.html
However, considering that the thread has grown and it might not be so apparent when updates are posted, I will repeat the update here. > RC-Fix v2.3 (Remote Contrast Fix) - Minor Update v2.3 <
For those of you who are visually impaired / legally blind and use the Blackberry Bold (9000), Here is what you've been looking for in order to do what Reverse Contrast & large fonts settings on the Bold does NOT do.
This theme will darken the home / application / phone and other areas that Reverse Contrast does NOT.
It also enlarges fonts in those areas that the Blackberry does NOT enlarge.
This is free, but a donation no matter how modest would be nice. I also provide or notify of updates directly.
This was tested on my Blackberry Bold running the latest version of the OS (downloaded 3/10/09). I am not responsible for any problems that this may cause. It's better than not having any option, right? Version 2 was updated from the original to include the following enhancements ...
1. Home screen revised to show today-type format with large captions next to icons (vertical format).
2. Applications menu was reorganized into something that makes a little more sense for squinties like me.
3. "Standard" & "All_Yellow" versions of this theme are included. Pick the one that best suits you vision. Note that Yellow is used for the Home options on both themes. The number of captions would otherwise be blinding for anyone against black. Also note that using Reverse Contrast makes it so that open emails and things like that will be white on black. The message list will be yellow if you pick that theme. Howevever, the theme has editor provides for no control over what happens to things like opened messages. No matter, this is still an improvement, wouldn't you say?
4. Enlarged the time on the home menu and did away with Unread (it appears anyway next to "Messages").
5. Other minor bug fixes and tweaks to make things as consistent as possible. Version 2.1
was updated to provide an alternaitve highlighter on the home screen (blue, instead of light gray). Version 2.2
was updated to provide larger fonts for all aspects of dialog boxes. ** Supplemental Notice Concerning v2.2 - Each of the two themes are bundled with themes indicated with the suffix of 'rf' (2.22rf). These Reduced Font (rf) variants were created to reduce the font size somewhat in menus, dialogs, message list, and various other list boxes. Some of you may only have issue with the behavior of Reverse Contrast setting, not necessarily with the font sizes (as much as I do). This first release reduces to BBAlpha Serif 40 in those areas. I will tweak further depending on feedback. This is seemingly smaller than what I use on the Home menu (BBAlpha Sans 44). Hope that helps. Version 2.3
was updated to further tune dialog box fonts, as it seems a certain combination in 2.1 caused undesirable results complex or busy dialog boxes. The correction was proportionally applied to both sets of themes. Also, the Unread Messages Indicator was moved to the left on the applications screen. I can't use it, because it is too small at this point, but it was crowding the date.
Both original & 'rf' versions of my themes are included in this download.
If only I had an editor for some of the applications that the "Plazmic" does not yet support for the Bold.
Installation: Use the Desktop Manager's Application section to install the 4 themes to your phone. I recommend that you remove prior versions before you install the updates.
Credits to the theme editor, Plazmic. You will find it here (Plazmic
case you want to make a theme of your own.