BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 04:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 390
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default The Theme Lab: iNspired (Today & Today Plus) for 9700, 9600, 8900

Please Login to Remove!

The Theme Lab: iNspired (Today & Today Plus) for 9700, 9600, 8900

Name: iNspired

Versions: Today & Plus

Compatibility: Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Tour 9630, Curve 8900 (All OS 5.0+)

Cost: Only $0.99

Link: The Theme Lab: iNspired

Overview: FULL theme using custom icons based on the iPhone icons.

Everything has been themed, all alerts, Message list icons, Unread icons, Phone list icons, etc.
Also includes custom icons for Facebook, YouTube, eBay & IMDb

Features:
  • Custom icons iNspired by the iPhone icons
  • Every part of the OS that can be themed has been themed (most themes include less than half of the theme elements of this theme) see screenshots for some examples
  • Click on the custom battery meter to open Options
  • Click on the custom signal meter to open Manage Connections
  • Click on the time to open the Clock application
  • There is a hidden icon for Blackberry Messenger accessed by scrolling right from Messages (or down from the signal meter or up from your 6th icon on the bottom
  • Hit the spacebar to open Messages
  • Hit "$" to open SMS & MMS
  • Hit "0" to open Calculator
  • Dedicated spot on top bar for your Weather application (set to be your 7th application from your main app list)
  • Dedicated spot on your top bar for Profiles (set to be your 8th application from your main app list)
  • Both Weather and Profiles are also displayed on your lock screen
  • Today area with a preview of your 2 new Emails and 4 upcoming appointments (Today version only)
  • Hidden today area the shows 7 lines of new Emails or upcoming appointments (Plus version only)
  • 6 user configurable icons across the bottom of your homescreen
  • See the screenshots for lots more details (Note: All screenshots are from the 9000 version)

Screenshot (click on it to see lots more screenshots):


Today version homescreen


Plus version homescreen

__________________
Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok, I just dropped a whole 99 cents on the upgraded theme... nice... but still seeing the issue with the background/text conflict in some third party apps - specifically, the BerryWeather SETTINGS screens, where ONLY the selected item is seen - the rest of the options and screen content are hidden by the black text on black background combo... I would post a picture, but...

Can this be fixed?
Offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 390
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie
Ok, I just dropped a whole 99 cents on the upgraded theme... nice... but still seeing the issue with the background/text conflict in some third party apps - specifically, the BerryWeather SETTINGS screens, where ONLY the selected item is seen - the rest of the options and screen content are hidden by the black text on black background combo... I would post a picture, but...

Can this be fixed?
Please post a picture.

The old theme had a clear button for the normal button, the new theme has a grey button, so you should not have that issue.
__________________
Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
Wirelessly posted



Please post a picture.

The old theme had a clear button for the normal button, the new theme has a grey button, so you should not have that issue.
The first picture is from the iNspired theme... the second shows how it should look (from your Scroll Calendar theme).
Attached Thumbnails
The Theme Lab: iNspired (Today & Today Plus) for 9700, 9600, 8900-inspired.jpg  The Theme Lab: iNspired (Today & Today Plus) for 9700, 9600, 8900-scroll.jpg  
Offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 390
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
The first picture is from the iNspired theme... the second shows how it should look (from your Scroll Calendar theme).
That is a very poorly coded app. That is the only app you are having that issue with right?

I can fix it but only at the expense of changing the font colour in the menu list (the thing that slides out from the left when you hit the BB button) from black to white. This will make All menus slightly hard to read.

Since you paid for it I will make a custom version for you, so what would you prefer: white font on the existing grey menu background? Or white font on a different colour menu background? (If its the second which colour menus would you like?). Or a different colour menu font and a different colour menu background? (If so which colours)
__________________
Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I like the way the theme looks, and don't want to mess it up. So far it is just the one app... so I'll just sit tight and live with it for now. If I see more problems with other apps, I may ask you to fix it... thanks for the offer... and thanks for looking at it!
Offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 390
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie
I like the way the theme looks, and don't want to mess it up. So far it is just the one app... so I'll just sit tight and live with it for now. If I see more problems with other apps, I may ask you to fix it... thanks for the offer... and thanks for looking at it!
No problem. Just let me know...
__________________
Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline  
Old 04-01-2010, 04:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 390
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

As requested, Calendar version now available.

Here is a screenshot:


and Here is a link
__________________
Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline  
Old 04-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Timing is everything... I just bought the Today version (messages and calendar)... if I had only known...
Offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
Wirelessly posted



No problem. Just let me know...

Ok, Mobihand allowed me to "replace" the all calendar version for the today version... but the "hidden item" problem is becoming more noticeable... I have several apps with black text on black background... so I'd like to take you up on your offer to tweak it for me.

What are my options? How would you suggest the theme be changed? What items are theme controlled and what are app controlled? Text? Background?
Offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 390
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
Wirelessly posted



No problem. Just let me know...

Ok, Mobihand allowed me to "replace" the all calendar version for the today version... but the "hidden item" problem is becoming more noticeable... I have several apps with black text on black background... so I'd like to take you up on your offer to tweak it for me.

What are my options? How would you suggest the theme be changed? What items are theme controlled and what are app controlled? Text? Background?
Well first let me explain what is going on: the app designer wanted a black background and then instead of doing it properly and writing the code to have the list items be white they just got lazy and copied the text colour from the menu list because on the default theme the menu list is white. So it is their laziness that is causing your issue.

This of course means that they will have that exact same problem on MOST custom themes (meaning any theme that uses. Black or a dark colour for the menu list).

So really you should be talking to the app makers to get them to fix their app.

But like I said I have no problem giving you a modified version...

So like I said those apps are taking the list colour from the menu list colour. So what colour would you like the menu list to be?
__________________
Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
Wirelessly posted



Well first let me explain what is going on: the app designer wanted a black background and then instead of doing it properly and writing the code to have the list items be white they just got lazy and copied the text colour from the menu list because on the default theme the menu list is white. So it is their laziness that is causing your issue.

This of course means that they will have that exact same problem on MOST custom themes (meaning any theme that uses. Black or a dark colour for the menu list).

So really you should be talking to the app makers to get them to fix their app.

But like I said I have no problem giving you a modified version...

So like I said those apps are taking the list colour from the menu list colour. So what colour would you like the menu list to be?
Thanks, I appreciate your input and you willingness to work through this with/for me. If we leave the SELECTED item alone (black text on a blue background bar), can we change the non-selected items in the list to a light grey? What will that do to other, more well-behaved apps?
Offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 390
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
Wirelessly posted



Well first let me explain what is going on: the app designer wanted a black background and then instead of doing it properly and writing the code to have the list items be white they just got lazy and copied the text colour from the menu list because on the default theme the menu list is white. So it is their laziness that is causing your issue.

This of course means that they will have that exact same problem on MOST custom themes (meaning any theme that uses. Black or a dark colour for the menu list).

So really you should be talking to the app makers to get them to fix their app.

But like I said I have no problem giving you a modified version...

So like I said those apps are taking the list colour from the menu list colour. So what colour would you like the menu list to be?
Thanks, I appreciate your input and you willingness to work through this with/for me. If we leave the SELECTED item alone (black text on a blue background bar), can we change the non-selected items in the list to a light grey? What will that do to other, more well-behaved apps?
The theme does not effect properly written apps. Or more accurately it only effects them in ways the theme is intended to work.

The problem with your suggestion of making the menu list grey is then it would be grey on grey.

Just to make sure we are on the same page: right now as you are reading this (either on the website or on the supscription email) hit the Menu/Blackberry button. That menu that slides out from the left is what I am talking about. As you can see it is currently black text on a light grey background. So light grey on light grey would make your menus unreadable in all apps. I could do dark grey? Blue? Red? Green? White? (Dark grey and white are both probably not the best choice for contrast reasons).
__________________
Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
Wirelessly posted



The theme does not effect properly written apps. Or more accurately it only effects them in ways the theme is intended to work.

The problem with your suggestion of making the menu list grey is then it would be grey on grey.

Just to make sure we are on the same page: right now as you are reading this (either on the website or on the supscription email) hit the Menu/Blackberry button. That menu that slides out from the left is what I am talking about. As you can see it is currently black text on a light grey background. So light grey on light grey would make your menus unreadable in all apps. I could do dark grey? Blue? Red? Green? White? (Dark grey and white are both probably not the best choice for contrast reasons).
Understood... how about a blue that goes with the theme... light enough to show up on black, but dark enough to show up on the light grey background.
Offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 390
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
Wirelessly posted



The theme does not effect properly written apps. Or more accurately it only effects them in ways the theme is intended to work.

The problem with your suggestion of making the menu list grey is then it would be grey on grey.

Just to make sure we are on the same page: right now as you are reading this (either on the website or on the supscription email) hit the Menu/Blackberry button. That menu that slides out from the left is what I am talking about. As you can see it is currently black text on a light grey background. So light grey on light grey would make your menus unreadable in all apps. I could do dark grey? Blue? Red? Green? White? (Dark grey and white are both probably not the best choice for contrast reasons).
Understood... how about a blue that goes with the theme... light enough to show up on black, but dark enough to show up on the light grey background.
K, I'll see what I can do when I get home tonight...
__________________
Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks... and to clarify, we're talking about the iNspired CALENDAR version...
Offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 390
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie
Thanks... and to clarify, we're talking about the iNspired CALENDAR version...
Yuppers
__________________
Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 02:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 390
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
Ok, Mobihand allowed me to "replace" the all calendar version for the today version... but the "hidden item" problem is becoming more noticeable... I have several apps with black text on black background... so I'd like to take you up on your offer to tweak it for me.

What are my options? How would you suggest the theme be changed? What items are theme controlled and what are app controlled? Text? Background?
OK, I just made a version that is compatible with berryweather...

I downloaded that app to test it out and that is even more of a (strangely) poorly coded app than I thought... It turns out the app will work properly but only if you use a default font for the main app list. For all other fonts it does not work properly.

So the version I have PM'ed you is the same as the one you have except it has the default BBalpha Sans font for the main messaging list.

Please let me know if it works and what you think.
__________________
Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I appreciate it. Downloaded... will let you know...
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.