Originally Posted by bullonwall
Hey Mark. Do happen to have explicit instructions for this? I want so bad to be able to use the Zen theme, but haven't been able to find out how. I have a 7250 on Verizon. Thanks in advance.
I just found this article that I think explains it... although I am not brave enough to do all this yet. http://www.blackberrycool.com/2006/03/29/001562/
Follow the following instructions to download and install the Zen Blackberry theme.
1. You will need to download and install OS 22.214.171.1244. The best place would be to check if that version is available to download from your own carrier. If not, download the OS from Rogers here …
2. Install the program but do not yet launch the Desktop Manager.
3. Open up Blackberry.alx in the new folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v126.96.36.1994_P188.8.131.52
4. Search for the word ‘zen’ in Blackberry.alx. Then you should see the following line:
5. You will need to put your device Vendor ID of your device on that line, to find out your Vendor ID just hit Alt+Cap+H. After editing the file, just save and close.
6. Connect your Blackberry to your computer and open up Desktop Manager. As soon as you open Desktop Manager it should ask you to update and install the new OS. Just follow the wizard and 20-30 minutes later you should have the new theme installed on your device.