BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Tazzie01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Model: 8130
OS: 4.5.0.77
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
All carriers have issues. Verizon and AT&T around here are comparable. Only with AT&T I can A) Faster broadband for my laptop (EVDO is technologically slower than HSPA. Thats not opinion, that is technological fact.) and B) Get better phones. On Verizon you are limited to crap phones, and phones that are pretty much the same over all because THE WORLD HATES CDMA.
Hey hey hey, quit the hate, just because other people choose different services and different phones, that does not give anyone the right to put them down, I have been with Sprint ever since I had a mobile phone and have been very happy with them. NO complaints about anything. The reason I choose them in the first place was because no down payment charge. All other carriers had wanted to charge me, but not Sprint. I like CDMA and so does other parts of the world. Japan has it and Ukraine is also developing it. It is not on mobile phones in Ukraine yet, but soon. I know of it because I have been there!!! As for speed, CDMA is very fast, and it has been proven to be faster than others because I have seen it with my own eyes, right next to each other. NOT just by technological fact! So please think before you say things that are not true.
Offline  
Old 07-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
mriff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Florida swamps
Model: iPhon
OS: 4.0.4
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 6,771
Post Thanks: 102
Thanked 61 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Your quote from above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
All carriers have issues. Verizon and AT&T around here are comparable. Only with AT&T I can A) Faster broadband for my laptop (EVDO is technologically slower than HSPA. Thats not opinion, that is technological fact.) and B) Get better phones. On Verizon you are limited to crap phones, and phones that are pretty much the same over all because THE WORLD HATES CDMA.
From your myspace page:

Quote:
True friends provide sympathy, empathy, honesty, mutual understanding, and a tendency to desire what is best for the other.
Something doesn't seem quite right here.
Offline  
Old 07-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
fizzleation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 111
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriff View Post
Your quote from above:
All carriers have issues. Verizon and AT&T around here are comparable. Only with AT&T I can A) Faster broadband for my laptop (EVDO is technologically slower than HSPA. Thats not opinion, that is technological fact.) and B) Get better phones. On Verizon you are limited to crap phones, and phones that are pretty much the same over all because THE WORLD HATES CDMA.

From your myspace page:



Something doesn't seem quite right here.
haha, wow, excellent catch...

Really man, to each his own. The outages are a pain, I totally hear you there. But, I think you are getting stuck on what is best for YOU and not OTHERS. Enterprise solutions are big business and they encompass tons of users, so to say that home consumers strongly outweigh enterprise users at least in dollar figures, is a bit ignorant.
Everyone is going to have their favorite. My advice is if you say "life is short", then don't waste time trying to convince everyone of one device's superiority over another. It just isn't going to happen for most.
Offline  
Old 07-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Baldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Model: 9360
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 528
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The iphone has its "wow" factor but it comes down to which device benefits you. I am not an enterprise use (used to be) but a blackberry just has more use for me. I have 5 email addresses that I keep track of which all go into one box, I tether my laptop, I keep track of my daily bank transactions, I keep track of mileage, and the ability to send faxes to my phone then fwd them to a local fax. I'm not yet on the iphone (or touchscreen) bandwagon because it just doesn't appeal to me as a business user. I would get it as a regular consumer but aside from the cool browser, my curve can do all that and more. I was also reading the 3G iphone due to be released later this week is still lacking features that every other phone (not just a BB) has. It doesn't help that iphone was only released on ATT. At least blackberry has a broader selection as far as carriers. I hope Apple will eventually give the iphone a different look at some point because I know blackberrys have been out for awhile now but at least they had different looks which appeal to different consumers.

Rumors are circulating that blackberry will be releasing a touch-screen blackberry in early 2009, so when I am ready to jump on that touch screen bandwagon I will have to see who is on top of who then.
__________________
Tour 9630


Last edited by Baldie : 07-06-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Offline  
Old 07-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

anyone else have an error in the download?
Offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: Tour
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 279
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I agree that every carrier has issues, but if you join the Apple Forums on the AT & T web site and read the hundreds of complaints that folk have with their i phone and AT & T you would be nuts to have them as your carrier, in my opinion.

When I changed my car last April I had problems "pairing" my BB with the car. I called Verizon and they 1) ordered me a new BB even though mine was 11 moinths old and 2) offered to send a tech rep to my house to do the "pairing" for me (which I declined).

Lots of luck getting AT & T do do stuff like that with the i phone!
Offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mob
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

As long as AT&T has to be in the mix a LOT of people won't pull the trigger on a iphone. 3G or not.
Offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
As long as AT&T has to be in the mix a LOT of people won't pull the trigger on a iphone. 3G or not.
Well they are the largest carrier in the US, so I'm guessing the numbers won't be as small as you think.
Offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
mommy4ericnmegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stevenson Ranch, CA
Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 16
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Well they are the largest carrier in the US, so I'm guessing the numbers won't be as small as you think.
I completely agree.
Offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #30 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Frank Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MA
Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 1,073
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

If you think MobileMe won't have outages and maintenance window changes your in a dream world. RIM published those outages in advance and for the most part are done in off hours. Show me any service that is up 100%? Even with the outages RIM has had the past couple years they are still near four 9's for availablity.

Well it's July 8th and still no final OS 2.0 beta build, last build was June 9th so I find it hard to believe they will just release the final build July 11th with issues still outstanding.
Offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #31 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
teamcrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CT & NYC
Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 526
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jletendre View Post
If you think MobileMe won't have outages and maintenance window changes your in a dream world. RIM published those outages in advance and for the most part are done in off hours. Show me any service that is up 100%? Even with the outages RIM has had the past couple years they are still near four 9's for availablity.

Well it's July 8th and still no final OS 2.0 beta build, last build was June 9th so I find it hard to believe they will just release the final build July 11th with issues still outstanding.
i JUST GOT AN EMAIL STATING 8 AM THE 3G IPHONE WILL BE ONSALE AT APPLE STORES. sO THEY EITHER WORKED THE PROBLEMS OUT OR PLAN ON RELEASING THE PHONE WITH ISSUES. i AM NOT IN THE KNOW SO I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT WILL BE.
__________________
Email [email address]

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: Tour
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 279
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes the new i phone will be on sale Friday but 1) YOU STILL CANNOT CHANGE YOUR BATTERY AND 2) NO EMAIL ON THE FLY LIKE BB.

LOL
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: Tour
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 279
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes the new i phone will be on sale Friday but 1) YOU STILL CANNOT CHANGE YOUR BATTERY AND 2) NO EMAIL ON THE FLY LIKE BB.

LOL
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
numetheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 551
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael12005
Yes the new i phone will be on sale Friday but 1) YOU STILL CANNOT CHANGE YOUR BATTERY AND 2) NO EMAIL ON THE FLY LIKE BB.

LOL
Really? Cuz my yahoo mail is instant, and my iphone does something my bb cannot on bis. It keeps mail completely synced and supports synced folders. So I can organize things into folders to my hearts content and I can read them all on the iPhone. Can BB do that? Gmail has IMAP. The biggest strength of IMAP is that you don't have to download the messages first, and you can subscribe to folders. If you add GMAIL IMAP to BIS, you can absolutely no folders and true sync does not work. BB BIS fails at IMAP implementation. And the email application on iPhone is superior. HTML email is PERFECT on there, and navigating large emails is a breeze. Even the new 4.5 OS I have on my curve has HTML email, but looks nowhere near as good as what my iPhone has.
__________________
Numetheus
The crazy Filipino!!

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8

Last edited by numetheus : 07-10-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
avelasqu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Battle Ground
Model: 9900
OS: .540
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 535
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My filipino broski... but its still an iPhone... LOL
__________________
www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
numetheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 551
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelasqu View Post
My filipino broski... but its still an iPhone... LOL
Pffffffft! One thing about me .... I'm a total phone whore. I will most likely end up getting the Bold still even though I say I won't. I have always said I HATE WINDOWS MOBILE, but for some reason end up buying one ... then realizing the reasons I hated it in the beginning. Over and Over and Over again! LOL. I kept the AT&T Tilt for 2 months before I was like ... oh yeah this is why I hate it so much. I said that with my Tmobile MDA, Tmobile Dash, Motorola Q, Motorola Q Global, AT&T 8525, and BlackJack. LOL I never learn.
__________________
Numetheus
The crazy Filipino!!

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
zkyevolved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.228
PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 574
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
Wirelessly posted



Really? Cuz my yahoo mail is instant, and my iphone does something my bb cannot on bis. It keeps mail completely synced and supports synced folders. So I can organize things into folders to my hearts content and I can read them all on the iPhone. Can BB do that? Gmail has IMAP. The biggest strength of IMAP is that you don't have to download the messages first, and you can subscribe to folders. If you add GMAIL IMAP to BIS, you can absolutely no folders and true sync does not work. BB BIS fails at IMAP implementation. And the email application on iPhone is superior. HTML email is PERFECT on there, and navigating large emails is a breeze. Even the new 4.5 OS I have on my curve has HTML email, but looks nowhere near as good as what my iPhone has.
hehe from one arizonian to another!! I AGREE! I back you up :D
__________________
BB8100>8800>8300>8310>8100>HTC Touch Dual>iPhone8GB>8300 again>Smsung Omnia>iPhone 3g16GB>Storm>BOLD!
Current PIN:25707D3B
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #38 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
numetheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 551
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
hehe from one arizonian to another!! I AGREE! I back you up :D
LOL I love it when people make uneducated posts on topics they obviously know nothing about. iPhone has had push email with yahoo for a while now. And with MobileME email is instant, and we also get push calendar and contacts without having to be part of a corporate exchange server. I'm going to love being able to add a contact on my PC and have it instantly go on the iPhone even if its in another room.
__________________
Numetheus
The crazy Filipino!!

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #39 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
numetheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 551
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
hehe from one arizonian to another!! I AGREE! I back you up :D
And ... what part of Arizona are you from?
__________________
Numetheus
The crazy Filipino!!

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
zkyevolved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.228
PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 574
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
And ... what part of Arizona are you from?
18 years in Phoenix (PV to be exact) then I moved out to Madrid, Spain, to study and work
__________________
BB8100>8800>8300>8310>8100>HTC Touch Dual>iPhone8GB>8300 again>Smsung Omnia>iPhone 3g16GB>Storm>BOLD!
Current PIN:25707D3B
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.