BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #41 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seattle
Model: 8320
OS: 4.5.0.52
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Great Title / Great Trash Talking. I think anyone using a BB for non business purposes should turn their water mark sticker yellow with some wiz and choose the smart decision and upgrade the to an iPhone. The Storm HA!!!!!!! You can't be serious carrying one of those around. There isn't one good reason to buy one of those at all. You can list them all day and you will just sound stupid.

And to the people who don't know what they are talking about when it comes to upgrading your OS and then bricking your phone on an iphone or not being able to upgrade to the latest OS while having it jailbroken. You can do that with no problems at all Restore / Upgrade / Jailbreak. Done!
Offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
Sry, I didn't see that... actually I see "My thumbs hurt" under his name

it was more of a redundant question... as we all know the iPhone doesnt send MMS to cell phones, and it doesnt have a flash.
Wow, 2 deal breakers there.
Offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #44 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
CO_BBTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denver
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,044
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Poor horse....
__________________
Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.
Clifford Stoll
Offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #45 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Chevyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fullerton, Ca
Model: Apple
OS: 2.2.1
PIN: Jailbroken
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 201
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
That is the difference between an open minded person and a "fan boy". Congratulations, you are the former.
I am whatever I choose to be, but thank you, compliment accepted.
__________________
Technical PHEEN !!
Offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #46 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Chevyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fullerton, Ca
Model: Apple
OS: 2.2.1
PIN: Jailbroken
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 201
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
Am I the only one that laughed at this?? I mean natively MyPhone is better then that iPhone...Why is it that I only read about how much better the iPhone is AFTER you jailbreak it?? the last time I checked I bought a phone/device because of how it works out of the box, not because I wanted to change things on it to work how I need it to...

BTW, please do me a favor with your iPhone... take a picture in a low lit area, I want to see how well the flash works on the camera! and then send it to me in an MMS, please... Thanx!
Night camera, night vision, clear cam, so on, and so on , etc, etc, !! I DID miss the flash on my BB, but there are endless apps and tools to make up for that and then some.
__________________
Technical PHEEN !!
Offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Chevyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fullerton, Ca
Model: Apple
OS: 2.2.1
PIN: Jailbroken
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 201
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
Sry, I didn't see that... actually I see "My thumbs hurt" under his name

it was more of a redundant question... as we all know the iPhone doesnt send MMS to cell phones, and it doesnt have a flash.
SwirlyMMS, google search.
__________________
Technical PHEEN !!
Offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #48 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
341EastOf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ and Arlington, VA
Model: 8900
OS: 5.0.0.681
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 288
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
That is awesome. haha
Offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #49 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Serkle K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsauken NJ
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0
PIN: ... --- ...
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 402
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyguy View Post
Night camera, night vision, clear cam, so on, and so on , etc, etc, !! I DID miss the flash on my BB, but there are endless apps and tools to make up for that and then some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyguy View Post
SwirlyMMS, google search.
out of the box... and out of the box... check the box or guide book for specs... If you feel so inclined, you can try a google search too... but I can always just check the specs page
__________________
Do they still make encyclopedias?
Offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #50 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
kurichan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: 9630
OS: 5.0.0.591
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES
Posts: 696
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

When I read the list of useless eye candy whack off functionality, I thought the whole post was a joke... Was the guy actually serious, or was that meant to be sarcastic. He really doesn't think that list makes the iPhone great, does he...?
__________________
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #51 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Chevyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fullerton, Ca
Model: Apple
OS: 2.2.1
PIN: Jailbroken
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 201
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
out of the box... and out of the box... check the box or guide book for specs... If you feel so inclined, you can try a google search too... but I can always just check the specs page
Out of the box ? My 8310 didn't come with a video camera, ability to watch Youtube video's , and many other features..OUT OF THE BOX. That's what upgrades are for, you use them because of the features and functionality they give you. Look at how many upgrades there are constantly on this website. Point is, its available to make your device more suitable or enjoyable whether its an upgrade or jailbreak. Check your specs page all you want, your still gonna be back right here trying to find the latest and greatest for your device. No need to google search, I did my homework and decided on what suits my individual needs best, iPhone.
__________________
Technical PHEEN !!
Offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #52 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Chevyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fullerton, Ca
Model: Apple
OS: 2.2.1
PIN: Jailbroken
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 201
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
When I read the list of useless eye candy whack off functionality, I thought the whole post was a joke... Was the guy actually serious, or was that meant to be sarcastic. He really doesn't think that list makes the iPhone great, does he...?
he probably does think it makes the iPhone great and probably was serious to. But its just his own opinion. Useless ? I would have to disagree on that though.
__________________
Technical PHEEN !!
Offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 11:33 PM   #53 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

The OP took some personal liberties via a PM with a couple of moderators here regarding certain matters normally reserved for the bedroom.
Offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 12:59 AM   #54 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
zero7404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: tri-state
Model: 9530
OS: 5.0.0.328
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob
Posts: 1,097
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqstatus05 View Post
While some of you have no choice in using BB's because of work reason others may like it's simplicity. I for one can't live with all the software problems it has and only have one because it's given to me free by my company. I only use it for BB messenger and that's it.

Anyway I just want to brag and tell you guys how awesome my iPhone is (Once you jailbreak it)

Here are the reason why my iPhone is the best phone on the market:

I have video ringtones. A video plays when I get a call and I can assign everyone a different video whether it be a music video, home video, etc.

Accelerometer makes everything so much better for games, and different utilities, too many to name.

Time Crisis on my iPhone, yes people the game. This is where the accelerometer comes in.

Panoramic Photos so I can take up to 5 pictures and combine them into one long landscape picture.

I can blow on my iPhones speaker and play the Ocarina (it's an app from appstore, youtube it)

I don't get software issues on my iPhone at all. Once in a blue blue blueee moon you'll get a freeze. Nothing that a reboot can't fix.

Live video streaming so I can record videos on my iPhonea and random peole and friends can view it live on the internet while I'm recording!!

So many other things I can do. This does everything except wipe my ass but hopefully that'll be in the next update.

I just wanted to brag about this because I laugh everytime I come to this site and read everyones problems. I have a heart so that's why I help out because I once felt your pain. I fix these phones every single day and know them top to bottom, left to right.

Anyway guys make the switch you won't be disappointed.
i've owned 3 blackberries in the past, all of which i experimented loading the latest & beta OS's....

i've had less problems in the last 3 years with BBs than i've had with 4 different ipods.

hey man, if you wanna join a crowd that think's it's ok to publish an App that makes your phone fart, be my guest. that's the company you support when you buy an iphone.

at least RIM doesn't have to sweat that hard to acomplish the same market share, and that's because they just make good stuff that just works.

Last edited by zero7404 : 02-17-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #55 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 135
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My reasons for not having an iPhone:
  1. I disagree with how Apple likes to lock everything down and charge out the nose for every little thing I want to do with my phone. It's MY phone.
  2. I'm on my parents' family plan, and it so happens they're on T-Mobile. The service is good and cheap.
  3. I like my push email, UMA, tactile feedback, and voice-activated dialing (it's worked for almost any name I've thrown at it)
  4. The white flash LED light is super-bright
  5. Loading music is as simple as plugging in your phone and drag-and-drop. No iTunes required. The database is generated on the phone itself.
  6. My phone isn't a fingerprint magnet
__________________
www.cyeungrun.com
Offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.681
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 46
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

wow he can blow into his iphone. now he can practice. too bad my blackberry cant make me better at blowing
Offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #57 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Serkle K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsauken NJ
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0
PIN: ... --- ...
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 402
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyguy View Post
Out of the box ? My 8310 didn't come with a video camera, ability to watch Youtube video's , and many other features..OUT OF THE BOX. That's what upgrades are for, you use them because of the features and functionality they give you. Look at how many upgrades there are constantly on this website. Point is, its available to make your device more suitable or enjoyable whether its an upgrade or jailbreak. Check your specs page all you want, your still gonna be back right here trying to find the latest and greatest for your device. No need to google search, I did my homework and decided on what suits my individual needs best, iPhone.
Maybe your 8310 didn't, but my bold does! thats the to having different models. Not everyone is the same, so why give them all the same phone, with all the same apps. IMO if you have to jailbreak/"heavily" modify something just to get it to do what you want, it's clearly not what you want! It's something you want others to want cause you have it, but it's still not what you want. Or else you would have just bought something that does what you want it to do right from point of sale.

As far as trying to find the "Latest and greatest" I suggest you check my posts, I don't post asking people what other apps are out there, I have very few apps running on my Bold and I didn't have to hack, jailbreak, or modify it from how it came right out of the box for it to work the way I need it to.

And my apologies if this sounds harsh, it's not my intention at all, but you decided what suits your needs best was a device that didn't do what you needed it to do as soon as you bought it?

And IMO, there's a huge difference between OS upgrade/updates, and jailbreaking... One of these things is not like the other.
__________________
Do they still make encyclopedias?

Last edited by Serkle K : 02-17-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #58 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
arcurlyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 93
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It's really all about what you're going to be using the device for. If your primary need involves surfing the web, watching YouTube videos, listening to music, and updating your Facebook profile, then by all means go with the iPhone. However, for those of us with actual professional and personal lives (read: Adults), the BB is the way to go. For example, I need instant access/notification of emails to a variety of accounts, task lists, and a really good calendar to keep track of my life.
Offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #59 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcurlyq View Post
It's really all about what you're going to be using the device for. If your primary need involves surfing the web, watching YouTube videos, listening to music, and updating your Facebook profile, then by all means go with the iPhone. However, for those of us with actual professional and personal lives (read: Adults), the BB is the way to go. For example, I need instant access/notification of emails to a variety of accounts, task lists, and a really good calendar to keep track of my life.
To be clear, the iPhone and BlackBerry can co-exist peacefully in an adult's life. My iPhone 3G lives happily in my pocket and my Bold happily in its pouch. The iPhone is my house phone, and the Bold is my office.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #60 (permalink)
BlackBerry Elite
 
knottyrope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Posts: 6,643
Post Thanks: 264
Thanked 269 Times in 255 Posts
Default

I smell something fishy here.
__________________
irony : many old timer posters have de-evolved into the trolls they once fought
I am on http://supportforums.blackberry.com
BES 10 running sweet for my Z30, Z10 and Q10
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.