BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   BlackBerry Versus (http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-versus/)
-   -   9700 v Nexus One v Droid (http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-versus/215838-9700-v-nexus-one-v-droid.html)

tom0100 01-06-2010 09:55 AM

9700 v Nexus One v Droid
 
OK the Nexus One just came out and it's basically a GSM version of the 'Droid. Smaller and rounder form factor than the droid (most GSM phones are smaller 'cause of the the technology anyway) but pretty much running the same OS (by google aka the Android OS) as the droid.

I see it as Droid for Europe since most of Europe is using the GSM technology (here Tmobile and AT&T are GSM) and thus can't use the 'Droid (the droid uses the CDMA technology).

In the USA it has the T-mobile 3G bands and the european 3G bands but NOT the AT&T 3G bands...so Verizon and T-mobile are the only real Android users in the USA right NOW but I think they are trying to combat the Iphone (which AT&T has).

How does the BB 9700 stack against basically the Android 2.1 operating system. Both Android phone are similar...so it's really comparing the OS of the two phones (BB and Google Android OS).

Dubdub 01-06-2010 10:33 AM

Please do a search. There are several threads comparing the BB and the Android.

ArgonNJ 01-08-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom0100 (Post 1541864)
OK the Nexus One just came out and it's basically a GSM version of the 'Droid. Smaller and rounder form factor than the droid (most GSM phones are smaller 'cause of the the technology anyway) but pretty much running the same OS (by google aka the Android OS) as the droid.

Not really, if you are talking about the Motorola Droid, then they are very different, the Eris (also made by HTC like the Nexus), yes similar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom0100 (Post 1541864)
In the USA it has the T-mobile 3G bands and the european 3G bands but NOT the AT&T 3G bands...so Verizon and T-mobile are the only real Android users in the USA right NOW but I think they are trying to combat the Iphone (which AT&T has).

?? What are you talking about here. Sprint also has a Android 3G phone the HTC Hero. ATT has also announced that they are getting 6 Android devices this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom0100 (Post 1541864)
does the BB 9700 stack against basically the Android 2.1 operating system. Both Android phone are similar...so it's really comparing the OS of the two phones (BB and Google Android OS).

Personal preference, I would say.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.