BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Model: Torch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question BlackBerry vs iPhone

Please Login to Remove!

I have a problem with this. Yes i know there is craploads of posts with bb vs iphone but im posting this becuz i need a little bit of help on something. well i am pretty much the only one in my family who has a BB and the rest have iphones. I get ripped on the BB becuz "iphone is better" and "bb is garbage" and i dont know what to say. I know bb is alot better then iphone becuz iphone is really not advanced compared to Droid, BB, etc. My cousin says iphone is better than bb becuz more ppl have it and more is better.
So now that you know my story, what should i say to completely shut his a** up?
Offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,069
Post Thanks: 138
Thanked 139 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

Better is a very subjective term. The iPhone may be better for your friends and family's needs but that doesn't mean it suits your needs. The iPhone isn't for everyone and the BB isn't for everyone either. It all depends on what you want your device to do.

It is a pointless argument.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,695
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 498 Times in 485 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

A lot of people need the comfort of the crowd, like herding animals. And some have to pick on the ones not following the herd. Do what works for you and don't give a flip what the others think or say.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 06-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
adperdue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: West Virginia
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.576
PIN: wheel
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 234
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

What's better? 32 gb of storage? Or 36? BlackBerry wins.
What's better? Wired media syncing? Or wireless? BlackBerry wins.
What's better? Full data hogginess? Or using a third less data? BlackBerry wins.
What's better? Taking up to 20 minutes to configure a new email address? Or typing your address and password, then letting your phone do the rest in less than 30 seconds? BlackBerry wins.
What's better? Low rez screens? Or high rez screens? Iphone wins.
What's better? Powerful proccesors? Or weak proccesors? Iphone wins.
What's better? Hundreds of thousands of apps? Or thousands? Iphone wins.
It all comes down to personal preference. The iPhone is not evil or inferior. Its just different. If I liked virtual keyboards (yuck) more than physical, I may be a iFanboy, instead of a BerrySlave today.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to adperdue For This Useful Post:
knottyrope (08-01-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by adperdue View Post
What's better? 32 gb of storage? Or 36? BlackBerry wins.
What's better? Wired media syncing? Or wireless? BlackBerry wins.
What's better? Full data hogginess? Or using a third less data? BlackBerry wins.
What's better? Taking up to 20 minutes to configure a new email address? Or typing your address and password, then letting your phone do the rest in less than 30 seconds? BlackBerry wins.
What's better? Low rez screens? Or high rez screens? Iphone wins.
What's better? Powerful proccesors? Or weak proccesors? Iphone wins.
What's better? Hundreds of thousands of apps? Or thousands? Iphone wins.
It all comes down to personal preference. The iPhone is not evil or inferior. Its just different. If I liked virtual keyboards (yuck) more than physical, I may be a iFanboy, instead of a BerrySlave today.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Are you kidding?? It takes 5 minutes to set up an Exchange account on the iphone and it gives you folder, calendar and address book sync, plus push. BB BIS gives you, inbox and push, thats it. Sorry, iphone wins.
Offline  
Old 06-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Model: iP4
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhamika View Post
I have a problem with this. Yes i know there is craploads of posts with bb vs iphone but im posting this becuz i need a little bit of help on something. well i am pretty much the only one in my family who has a BB and the rest have iphones. I get ripped on the BB becuz "iphone is better" and "bb is garbage" and i dont know what to say. I know bb is alot better then iphone becuz iphone is really not advanced compared to Droid, BB, etc. My cousin says iphone is better than bb becuz more ppl have it and more is better.
So now that you know my story, what should i say to completely shut his a** up?
Well, depending on what generation iPhones they have, you might be screwed if you're trying to one-up them. If they have iPhone 4's, there isn't much you can say because hardware wise everything is a lot better, even the 3GS is as good as the best BlackBerry right now. From a software perspective, you could have made a decent case, and still sort of can, although both OS's are kind of outdated, but iOS 5 will clear that up probably- but still, point out that when you're doing something a notification can't potentially appear right in front of your face, interrupting everything you're doing; you can get themes; and your email is totally cool. With a little luck, you'll totally own them- but only if they aren't tech-savvy and don't know iOS 5 is coming. For now, your best bet is to rub BBM in their face until they get iMessage in a few months. You could also say something like "well, you're stupid, everyone knows iPhones are for iLosers," or something like that...
Offline  
Old 07-14-2011, 07:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Model: 9630T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

All very true however I would like to add one thing for jhamika. Iphone is a proprietary platform it can only use data and software that are explicitly approved by Apple corp for which the company takes a heafty cut of the sales. Blackberry however is only partly priprietary, the hardware is proprietary (you can not run out and buy a blackberry from dell or acer) and the OS is but beyond that there is nothing proprietary about it. RIM does not control what you can buy and run on the handset like apple does. So if your family likes being under the thumb of a big muti-national company who dictates what you can see and use then thats fine. Berries are better for people that don't like to be controlled.

Personally I have equated the use of apple products with a personality defect it seems to me that anytime I run into anyone with an apple anything they think that they have a patent of truth any anyone who doesn't do what they do as needing their head examined. They seem to think that they are the only ones with any sense in their heads. I have learned over the years life is never like this, its a bunch of greys and whats right for one is not necessarily the best for someone else, as jsconyers puts it so well. I don't argue with these people their is no sense. My own parents have the personality defect and I don't listen to them in matters concerning computers. At home I do not allow any proprietary anything, therefore apple has been baned from the network.

However lets recognize the Anroid is a lot more non-proprietary then blackberry is.

Last edited by jbcohen : 07-14-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Offline  
Old 07-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: May 2009
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1.0.267
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 259
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

You can load all your regular media to your MicroSD memory card, and at the same time load your porno movie MP4's to another Micro SD memory card. Once your girlfriend steps out for a few minutes you can instantly pop in your porno MicroSD card and whack off for a few minutes until she returns. No way in hell can you do that to your iPhone without being discovered by your nosy girlfriend.
Offline  
Old 07-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: May 2009
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1.0.267
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 259
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

Also, beware iPhone once the new Bold 9900 comes out. Touch screen along with a physical keypad that kicks ass?
Offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
Also, beware iPhone once the new Bold 9900 comes out. Touch screen along with a physical keypad that kicks ass?
Hahaha, are you kidding??? Beware iphone?? Bold 9900 running the same, old, repackaged OS from 4 years ago, a fraction of the apps that the iphone has, a dwindling fan base. Yeah, Apple has a lot to worry about. Thanks for the laugh.
Offline  
Old 07-17-2011, 06:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Magic Bananas
 
ifonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Braselton, Georgia
Model: iP4S
OS: 5.1
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,350
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

Unreal. What is the point of these threads, other than to bait people into arguing? Anyone bother to notice that the OP hasn't been back since starting this thread?
__________________
Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: roger's
Posts: 34
Post Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Better is a very subjective term. The iPhone may be better for your friends and family's needs but that doesn't mean it suits your needs. The iPhone isn't for everyone and the BB isn't for everyone either. It all depends on what you want your device to do.

It is a pointless argument.
Your post was kind of pointless. Now, if you had perhaps given some hints as to what sort of considerations one might have, it could be insightful. If all you are going to say is, "it depends", why did you post at all?

I've got a blackberry. For what I currently do, I probably don't really need either a blackberry or an iphone. I browse the internet very rarely and phone text often.

I like the blackberry key pad.

I hate the fact it has all kinds of bugs in it:
-- the ringer doesn't work any more. This happened within less than a year of owning the $600 9000 bold device
-- I already had to replace the wheel on it.

I'd love the gps but I haven't installed it yet.
Offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

Wow.

Why did you dredge up this retarded thread?
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,069
Post Thanks: 138
Thanked 139 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgejo View Post
Your post was kind of pointless. Now, if you had perhaps given some hints as to what sort of considerations one might have, it could be insightful. If all you are going to say is, "it depends", why did you post at all?

I've got a blackberry. For what I currently do, I probably don't really need either a blackberry or an iphone. I browse the internet very rarely and phone text often.

I like the blackberry key pad.

I hate the fact it has all kinds of bugs in it:
-- the ringer doesn't work any more. This happened within less than a year of owning the $600 9000 bold device
-- I already had to replace the wheel on it.

I'd love the gps but I haven't installed it yet.

Pointless?! Well, thanks for your input. Take a look at these forums, there are literally HUNDREDS of threads on this subject that give very detailed reviews of the devices. So, why would I waste my time (and server space) typing out what has been said many times before. Also, there are tons of BlackBerry models and OSes which differ pretty significantly, such as the Storm, Bold, Torch, OS 4.x, OS5, OS6, OS7, etc.

Also, how am I to know what everyone's needs are to write them down. My opinion of a device could be very different than someone else's opinion. As you say, the ringer doesn't work on your device. I have had BlackBerry devices for YEARS, and never had an issue with that. So, I wouldn't have listed that as a complaint of a BlackBerry, and you did. BlackBerrys haven't had a scroll wheel in years either. They moved away from that and to a trackball, which is what I assume you meant. BlackBerrys have since moved away from that and to a trackpad. So, I wouldn't have listed that as a con for a BlackBerry either, but, again, you did. So, as you can see, my review would not have been helpful for you and would have been pointless to you.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Magic Bananas
 
ifonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Braselton, Georgia
Model: iP4S
OS: 5.1
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,350
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone

I am no longer going to say "wow" in response to comments like the one georgejo posted. Instead, I am going to use the phrase "magic bananas." So...

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgejo
Your post was kind of pointless. Now, if you had perhaps given some hints as to what sort of considerations one might have, it could be insightful. If all you are going to say is, "it depends", why did you post at all?
Magic bananas.
__________________
Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: BlackBerry vs iPhone
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 Month, 1 Sim Card, 1 iPhone, 1 BlackBerry, a Comparison underskybb General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve 32 03-31-2008 01:08 AM
New Blackberry Server wants to reactivate users after power outage! Urlryn BES Admin Corner 19 12-27-2007 02:55 PM
Blackberry Activation(s)... Barry_Black General BlackBerry Discussion 5 06-07-2007 12:07 PM
BES 4.1 SP2 for Microsoft Exchange - Now Available jibi BES Admin Corner 51 01-10-2007 09:30 AM
BES Domino 4.0 SP2 rsun BES Admin Corner 12 08-25-2005 01:27 PM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.