BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   BlackBerry Wallpapers (http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-wallpapers/)
-   -   Come Get Your Wallpapers (http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-wallpapers/167384-come-get-your-wallpapers.html)

regener8ed 12-27-2008 05:04 PM

Come Get Your Wallpapers
 
In an effort to organize requests for myself without hijacking others' threads, feel free to post your specific requests in this thread.



Artist's Rules (revised):
- It is my intention to produce images that are not otherwise readily available to the general public; to assist those who are unable to find exactly what they are looking for and are unable to create for themselves; and to compile a library of these resources for public access.
- Requesting that an image simply be resized precludes that the image is already available, and that similar services may therefore be rendered by any number of other convenient means.
- The fact that I am offering a service in no way obligates me to render any particular service in any case; likewise, no one is under any obligation to request the use of my services, or to complain about the manner in which I choose to offer them.
- It's only the internet. A good sense of humor and a little perspective would be appropriate.

(NOTE: The vast majority of images are for the STORM.)


Check out my current collection and BRING IT ON!

koleary19067 12-27-2008 05:10 PM

nice

Kamau 12-27-2008 05:10 PM

and if you get tired of accepting that money, please feel free to send it my way.

By the way.........no Marines? I see army, air force, navy.

Nice work though.

341EastOf 12-27-2008 05:56 PM

Wirelessly posted

Cool stuff. Thanks.

gsontag 12-27-2008 06:01 PM

Very nice stuff! Any chance you can make a Utah Utes football wallpaper for the storm???

regener8ed 12-28-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamau (Post 1224697)
and if you get tired of accepting that money, please feel free to send it my way.

By the way.........no Marines? I see army, air force, navy.

Nice work though.

Some in the Gallery.

regener8ed 12-28-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsontag (Post 1224744)
Very nice stuff! Any chance you can make a Utah Utes football wallpaper for the storm???

link

gsontag 12-28-2008 07:01 PM

Holy crap man! mad props that is so nice! Love it!

dunbarb 12-29-2008 08:26 AM

Anyone can do this. Stop acting like resizing pictures is a specialized skill and take a step off your pedestal.

ndub33 12-29-2008 09:45 AM

Nothing wrong with a member offering to help others with wallpaper images. I have done so myself. Yes, resizing images is pretty common, but I enjoy seeing what others here have come up with.

gsontag 12-29-2008 11:05 AM

Its more of finding images that gets me pissed. I searched all over for a good wallpaper but i could not find one so im very happy with what i got now!

Heavy Fluid 12-29-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunbarb (Post 1226306)
Anyone can do this. Stop acting like resizing pictures is a specialized skill and take a step off your pedestal.

What have YOU offered this forum?

Anyone can resize wallpapers, sure. At least someone is offering to do it, and for free. That Utah wallpaper is very nice BTW.

dunbarb 12-30-2008 08:08 AM

A reality enema is what I've offered this forum. I just think it's funny that someone looks so highly upon themselves because they're offering to resize images and over glorifying the entire process. Is it really necessary to post "artist's rules?" I'm particularly fond of this statement: "While I do enjoy the exercise, I also have a regular life. I'll do it when I get around to it, and will choose which requests to address. If your request is uninspiring, expect it to be ignored."
I'm sorry, but who are you to determine what's inspiring? Obviously, if this was requested, it must inspire someone - so why would you shoot that down?
Also on this front, don't say you're going to take wallpaper requests and then state that you won't do anything specifically for one individual. That's a little contradicting in my opinion. I'm not criticizing the work, I'm criticizing the attitude.

Kopter 12-30-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunbarb (Post 1227706)
A reality enema is what I've offered this forum. I just think it's funny that someone looks so highly upon themselves because they're offering to resize images and over glorifying the entire process. Is it really necessary to post "artist's rules?" I'm particularly fond of this statement: "While I do enjoy the exercise, I also have a regular life. I'll do it when I get around to it, and will choose which requests to address. If your request is uninspiring, expect it to be ignored."
I'm sorry, but who are you to determine what's inspiring? Obviously, if this was requested, it must inspire someone - so why would you shoot that down?
Also on this front, don't say you're going to take wallpaper requests and then state that you won't do anything specifically for one individual. That's a little contradicting in my opinion. I'm not criticizing the work, I'm criticizing the attitude.

Dunbarb: Yawn.

regener8ed: Nice work on the wallpapers!! I really appreciate all of your effort.

gsontag 12-30-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunbarb (Post 1227706)
A reality enema is what I've offered this forum. I just think it's funny that someone looks so highly upon themselves because they're offering to resize images and over glorifying the entire process. Is it really necessary to post "artist's rules?" I'm particularly fond of this statement: "While I do enjoy the exercise, I also have a regular life. I'll do it when I get around to it, and will choose which requests to address. If your request is uninspiring, expect it to be ignored."
I'm sorry, but who are you to determine what's inspiring? Obviously, if this was requested, it must inspire someone - so why would you shoot that down?
Also on this front, don't say you're going to take wallpaper requests and then state that you won't do anything specifically for one individual. That's a little contradicting in my opinion. I'm not criticizing the work, I'm criticizing the attitude.

your criticizing the attitude?!?!? Take a look in the mirror first my friend and then come back and talk with us.

Knocka 12-31-2008 05:46 AM

Dunbarb: regener8ed simply offered to perform a service for people and set forth some parameters so that people who made requests would know what to expect. I cannot begin to understand your criticism. Even if all regener8ed was offering was to resize photos (and it seems to me he is offering more than that), so what. There are people here who might appreciate that service. Why on earth would it bother you? I think your reaction is totally uncalled for and unjustified.

dunbarb 12-31-2008 08:52 AM

No need to to look in the mirror - I'm well aware of the attitude that I carry. However, my objective here was not to give anyone an attitude, merely point out that there's no need to have an ego that large because you're offering to help people out (it kind of defeats the purpose) - with something as simple as resizing a picture. I could be completely wrong and off base, but that's how all that came across to me. What gets me is the fact that the ego is continually fed, and for what? Look at all the "Artist's Rules" and tell me that this guy isn't just taking people's ideas and making them his own under the vale of "taking requests for wallpapers."

I can only speak for myself, but I'd rather create work based on my own ideas, not those of others then take credit for them. That could just be the genuine artist in me though. Anyway, didn't mean to tick any one off. Was just stating what I thought was the obvious - but apparently that's uncalled for and not justified.

txateer 12-31-2008 08:28 PM

Awesome!
 
Nice images, thanks for sharing!

regener8ed 01-03-2009 12:51 PM

I now have completed sets of:

NFL Football Teams


NHL Hockey Teams


for the Storm.

Wayne9125 01-04-2009 01:36 PM

could you maybe do a fox racing logo wallpaper?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.