BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 01:14 PM   #121 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
blueshockeynut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 53
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Got my approval as well, signed up, now need to go get my flight and hotel taken care of. My first WES, not to mention our companies first foray into Blackberry.

B
Offline  
Old 03-31-2008, 01:28 PM   #122 (permalink)
Wireless Sith Lord
 
DarthBBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Online
Model: iOS 6
Carrier: Verizon x2
Posts: 1,458
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshockeynut View Post
Got my approval as well, signed up, now need to go get my flight and hotel taken care of. My first WES, not to mention our companies first foray into Blackberry.

B
Good luck with the hotel. 5 out of the 7 WES hotels are sold out.
Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
&
SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriot Village
still reporting rooms available.
__________________
DarthBBerry
6-Time BlackBerry World Champion (2007-2012)
BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist v5.0
BlackBerry® Certified System Administrator v5.0
Offline  
Old 04-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #123 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
blueshockeynut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 53
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Actually, found a room at the Radisson Hotel Lake Buena Vista for a good price, granted it isnt one of the WES hotels, but it is about the same distance as the Courtyard and Springhill, and I am getting a car while I am there, so I should be ok. Been to way to many conferences there at the OCCC.

B
Offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #124 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Frank Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MA
Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 1,073
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Hi All,

Getting closer, I've been watching the OWC but it's still sold out but today rooms have been released for the following:

Doubletree Guest Suites
Buena Vista Palace
Renaissance Orlando Resort at Seaworld

I'm currently booked at the Renaissance, should I sit tight and possible the OWC opens up or is one of the downtown disney hotels a better bet? The Renaissance looks beautiful but seems so far away from everything.

Thoughts?
Offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 08:00 AM   #125 (permalink)
Wireless Sith Lord
 
DarthBBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Online
Model: iOS 6
Carrier: Verizon x2
Posts: 1,458
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jletendre View Post
Hi All,

Getting closer, I've been watching the OWC but it's still sold out but today rooms have been released for the following:

Doubletree Guest Suites
Buena Vista Palace
Renaissance Orlando Resort at Seaworld

I'm currently booked at the Renaissance, should I sit tight and possible the OWC opens up or is one of the downtown disney hotels a better bet? The Renaissance looks beautiful but seems so far away from everything.

Thoughts?
Keep trying for the Orlando World Center. It's nice to say at the host hotel. You don't have to schelp all your vendor swag around with you all day long. Plus it's nice to go up to your room between sessions and take break.

Keep trying for the OWC.
__________________
DarthBBerry
6-Time BlackBerry World Champion (2007-2012)
BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist v5.0
BlackBerry® Certified System Administrator v5.0
Offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #126 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

My trip has been cancelled. Hope you all have fun - say hello the Mickey and Minnie for me!
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 04-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #127 (permalink)
Wireless Sith Lord
 
DarthBBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Online
Model: iOS 6
Carrier: Verizon x2
Posts: 1,458
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
My trip has been cancelled. Hope you all have fun - say hello the Mickey and Minnie for me!
Oh no!!
__________________
DarthBBerry
6-Time BlackBerry World Champion (2007-2012)
BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist v5.0
BlackBerry® Certified System Administrator v5.0
Offline  
Old 04-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #128 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTS
Posts: 71
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Going to WES with one other person from work that is, how do I say….ummm….very social.
Looking forward to all the Blackberry info during the day, but a little worried about the nights.
I’m hoping to keep my cohort busy enough so as to not land in the local jail.
I think Wednesday will be no problem with the WES party.
But, the other evenings……
My first time in Orlando - Any suggestions of evening activities not to miss?

Oh crap....just saw my username. When I entered it, I was thinking of Canadian Crackberry and thought it was too long so I shortened it. Shud have left it alone

Oh well, at least I'll be memorable!
Offline  
Old 04-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #129 (permalink)
Wireless Sith Lord
 
DarthBBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Online
Model: iOS 6
Carrier: Verizon x2
Posts: 1,458
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCrack View Post
Going to WES with one other person from work that is, how do I say….ummm….very social.
Looking forward to all the Blackberry info during the day, but a little worried about the nights.
I’m hoping to keep my cohort busy enough so as to not land in the local jail.
I think Wednesday will be no problem with the WES party.
But, the other evenings……
My first time in Orlando - Any suggestions of evening activities not to miss?

Oh crap....just saw my username. When I entered it, I was thinking of Canadian Crackberry and thought it was too long so I shortened it. Shud have left it alone

Oh well, at least I'll be memorable!
Evening activities not to miss... hmmm
Monday - Welcome Reception
Tuesday - WES Party (Not Wednesday as you stated above)
Wednesday - Carrier parties (Verizon is my first choice)
Thursday - On your own.

With this being your first time in Orlando, you might want to try and find time to visit Disney or Universal Studios. It's an experience like you've never had before.

And if your cohort is quite social and wants to visit the local jail, let him/her. Nothing says you have to jump off the same bridge they do!
__________________
DarthBBerry
6-Time BlackBerry World Champion (2007-2012)
BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist v5.0
BlackBerry® Certified System Administrator v5.0
Offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 11:43 AM   #130 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Frank Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MA
Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 1,073
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Starting to plan my schedule and put this together .. hopefully someone else finds it useful, just delete and add. I assume you have to actually register on Monday / Tuesday for these events?? Also the schedule change pages lists a slew of vendor related events likely off it mini conference rooms?

Save and rename to .xls, saved it as 2003 format
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sessions.txt (97.0 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Frank Castle : 04-14-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Update
Offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #131 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
AlanM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntsville, AL
Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 335
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Finally Official. Woohoo! Got airline tickets and all. Looking forward to the event. (luckily I had reserved a room at the Marriott long ago while waiting on official word).
__________________
AlanM
Exchange\Blackberry Admin
4 - BES Servers (5.0.3),
~1500 BB Users, and a headache.
War Eagle!!
Offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #132 (permalink)
Wireless Sith Lord
 
DarthBBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Online
Model: iOS 6
Carrier: Verizon x2
Posts: 1,458
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jletendre View Post
Starting to plan my schedule and put this together .. hopefully someone else finds it useful, just delete and add. I assume you have to actually register on Monday / Tuesday for these events?? Also the schedule change pages lists a slew of vendor related events likely off it mini conference rooms?

Save and rename to .xls, saved it as 2003 format
Nah, the session are open door. Just walk right in at the designated place/time and grab a seat. If it's like last year, you'll want to save a seat next to you for people you meet at WES. Some people tend to attend the same sessions since they have the same interests.
__________________
DarthBBerry
6-Time BlackBerry World Champion (2007-2012)
BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist v5.0
BlackBerry® Certified System Administrator v5.0
Offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #133 (permalink)
Wireless Sith Lord
 
DarthBBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Online
Model: iOS 6
Carrier: Verizon x2
Posts: 1,458
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanM View Post
Finally Official. Woohoo! Got airline tickets and all. Looking forward to the event. (luckily I had reserved a room at the Marriott long ago while waiting on official word).
Woooot!!! I'll be PIN-ing ya.
__________________
DarthBBerry
6-Time BlackBerry World Champion (2007-2012)
BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist v5.0
BlackBerry® Certified System Administrator v5.0
Offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #134 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBBerry View Post
Some people tend to attend the same sessions since they have the same interests.
...and some people tend to be lagging behind because they drank too much the night/morning before and didn't get out of bed until 11:00am...

P.S. - I think I may join you in the non-alcohol group this year... I haven't had a sip of alcohol in nearly 2 months.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #135 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
mahal721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: tallahassee, fl
Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 65
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

everything is pretty much finalized for the trip with my colleague. can't wait to meet up with the WES 2006 and 2007 Crews again. (i promise i'll be good this year )

xoxo, elizabeth
Offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #136 (permalink)
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.546
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,344
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Woo Hoo!! I finally got my flight tickets today.

Who's in for a game of "Spot a 7290". Every time you see a 7290 you have to take a drink.
__________________
Exchange 2007/BES 5.0.2 MR2
Offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #137 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Pinjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Model: 8330
OS: OSX
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 149
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x14 View Post

Who's in for a game of "Spot a 7290". Every time you see a 7290 you have to take a drink.
Just for that, I might have to bring a couple with me to torture everyone
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #138 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
bertiebassett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London, UK
Model: 9700
Carrier: O2
Posts: 961
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinjo View Post
Just for that, I might have to bring a couple with me to torture everyone
What about if you spot a 5800 series..is that 5 drinks

I've got one kicking around I'll have to activate for comedy value (hmm now where did I put that RS232 port!!)
__________________
LOTS of answers here: Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #139 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orlando
Model: 9000
PIN: bobby pin
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 77
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I finally got approval. I'll be there, but I'm not staying at the hotels since I live in O-town.
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #140 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Frank Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MA
Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 1,073
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Jibi .. I was looking forward to having a drink or two with ya!

Sounds like we are going to have a good BBF showing so It should be a fun time, looking forward to my 1st time.

Last edited by Frank Castle : 04-15-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.