I'm new here, requesting help on my bluetooth issues..
I'm using Bold, and i have problem receiving file using bluetooth, but not with sending.
I've done searching, and I know i'm supposed to go to Media and "Receive using bluetooth". I've done that, but it says "Connection failed." straight away. It doesn't says "Waiting for connection" as it should say. Is it hardware issue? I've never receive file using bluetooth, and this is my first time.
And oh, i've searched and added the device, and paired.
I saw this --> h++p://vvvvvv.blackberryforums.com/developer-forum/175254-bluetooth-warning-box-connection-failed.html
1. No. I tried receiving from my friend's samsung jet. Failed. So I tried with my mac, as well as another friend's phone. Failed too.
2. Yes, my mac bluetooth is working. Tried sending files to mobile as well as anothe PC
3. Yup. Searched, added and paired from both sides.
4. I know I have to click on receive using bluetooth before I send fron mr mac. But it says connection failed straight away after I click on receive using bluetooth. That's why I have no chance to click on send on my mac.
5. I even tried going into each and every folders..
given your answers It does sound like a hardware issue to me. Although I have just one more question.
You said you tried to recieve files from other phones as well as a mac. My question is, are you able to use a bluetooth headset with this phone.
If not, I am more than sure that its hardware.
If so, perhaps it could be fixed by updatting or reinstalling the os. If that doesnt work than I would take it back to the provider and have them exchange it.
Just a heads up, if you take it into your provider, and the phone is under warrantee, they should just replace it, if not they'll charge you (less if you have insurance). I just did this with Verizon two days ago and all went well. Just be sure to back up all your contacts, and media. Especially if you encrypt your media. If you dont have an unencrypted copy you will NOT be able to decrypt these files on any other device.
If you need help with that let me know