04-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: May 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife just got her 2006 X3 on Sunday. I have a 7290 T-Mobile and tried to get the hands-free working. I was able to pair the phone to the X3 but my address book didn't upload to the hands-free address book.
I don't think the pairing is the same on a 545 and the instructions for the X3 was way off. But I'll share it anyway in case it is the same.
This is how I got it working:
1. I had to set the ignition key to position 2-3 (where all the accessories are ON).
2. Then I pressed the R/T button on the steering wheel. the display flashed the "Phone" & "Activate" message.
3. On the 7290 under bluetooth select "Add Device".
4. Found the X3 Bluetooth system then enter the PK "Pairing key" in 7290.
5. "it started to upload my 7190 phone book but failed to load anything".
6. turn the ingnition key off.
Once this was done I can make calls from the hands-free. Now I need some help/instructions on how to load address book.
hope this helps.