Works on 8830WE on bell mobility. I havent tested on any other phones as of yet but i suspect it will work on any blackberry on bell mobility.
Hey guys, i thought I would post this info here as to help some more people having the same issue I was. I discovered months ago that msn was no longer working reliably on my 8830 and also noticed my wlm2.1 service books were missing. Contacting bell, rim and windows live support was completly useless as they have no idea about any specifics to service books other than to resend the ones you alrdy have and without the wlm2.1 books. ive searched for months for them online and found a thread with them and put them on my phone to test it and it now works flawlessly
I'll post a link to where i found the info along withe a copy/paste of the instructions from there and attach the wlm2.1 books here as well for those that alrdy know how to get them on there
1. Delete all service books currently listed
2. Extract wlm2.1.ipd from the ZIP file then Connect BlackBerry and run DM
3. Select Backup/Restore and then select "Restore"
4. Select the WLM2.1.ipd file
5. Allow DM to upload the .ipd
6. Once completed, go to bell.blackberry.com, login and resend service books.
Once your service books have been resent, go to your service books and make sure that the WLM 2.1 books are there. If they're there, hopefully you are able to connect with no problems. This DOES NOT apply to Storm users if you're having problems since Storm users are running WLM 2.2 while older BlackBerry's are using WLM client 2.1.
I want to mention Thymaster as it was he/she who, through his/her process, taught me that it was possible to upload service books from another BlackBerry to another when I thought it was not possible so I can't take all the credit and would like to thank him/her.
Here is the link to the howard forum thread i originally found it at: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Possible Windows Live Messenger fix (not for Storm users)