Originally Posted by daphne
Ok, last attempt to help you...
Please post *exactly* what you have tried, each step in detail.
Post any error message or what happened when you did each step.
I think you might need to find a friend or someone with a BlackBerry who can help you with this in person.
* go to Control Panel, Printers and Other Hardware, Phone and Modem Options. Under the Modems tab, click on Standard Modem. Click Properties. Click Advanced. Make sure nothing is entered in the "extra initialization commands."
* on the berry, go to Options, Advanced, TCP and enter "wap.internet.com" after APN:
* go to Control Panel, Network Connections, Create a new connection, then hit Next
*Select Connect to Internet
* Select Set up connection manually
*Select Connect using a dial-up modem. Check the box next to the modem you created above and then click Next.
* Enter Sprint as the ISP name
* Enter *99# as the Phone Number and then click Next
* Keep User Name and Password blank. Clear all the other check boxes.
* To create the connection, click Finish.
* right click on the dial-up connection under Network Connections, then click Properties. Below the PPP window click Settings and uncheck all boxes except "enable LCP Extensions."
* make sure the blackberry is connected to Desktop Manager on the laptop.
* Under Network Connections, right-click on the Dial-up connection for sprint that we just created. Click Connect. Click Dial.
to Start > Settings > Network Connection > New Connection Wizard
· Welcome screen click “Next”
· Network Connection Type screen select “Connect to the Internet” and click “Next”
· Getting Ready screen select “Set up my connection manually” and click “Next”
· Internet Connection screen select “Connect using dial-up modem” and click “Next”
· Select a Device screen select “Modem – Standard Modem (COMx)” and deselect all other options, then click “Next”
· Connection Name screen type in a description name for your new connection (example: Blackberry DUN) then click “Next”
· Phone Number to Dial screen enter “#777” and click “Next”
· Connection Availability screen select “Anyone’s use” radio button and click “Next”
· Internet Account Information screen leave the defaults (User name, Password, Confirm password fields should be blank and the box two check boxes should be checked) and then click “Next”
· Completing the New Connection Wizard screen check the box to have shortcut to your new connection added to your desktop. This step is optional but very useful when using you Blackberry to dial the Vision network. Then click “Finish”.
Your new connection window will be displayed or you can access it via the icon on your desktop if you selected to option to create a shortcut, otherwise it will be listed under Start > Settings > Network Connections > Connection Name (reflects the name you entered on the Connection Name step above).
Important step: Open the Black Berry Desktop Manager. This must be open…just minimize it to get it off the desktop if you prefer.
· Then click the “Dial” button on your new connection and it will connect to Vision.