02-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Crimson Tide Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
PIN: t low
Post Thanks: 61
Thanked 258 Times in 185 Posts
that link works good for me...
The BlackBerry smartphone displays the following error message:
For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.1, this error may occur if a third-party browser channel icon has a HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) redirect.
When a locked BlackBerry smartphone with content protection enabled receives a Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) message, this error may occur. This error only occurs with the Today themes in BlackBerry Device Software version 4.2.2.
Download and install the latest version of BlackBerry® Device Software on the BlackBerry smartphone by following these steps:
1. Download the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software from your wireless service provider's web site. To locate the handheld software by carrier, click here.
2. Install BlackBerry Device Software on your BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB03621.
BlackBerry Device Software version 4.1 (only)
If you are running BlackBerry Device Software version 4.1, complete the following steps:
1. Complete one of the following, depending on the network on which the BlackBerry smartphone is operating:
* For BlackBerry smartphones operating on a Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) network, contact your service provider and have the BlackBerry Internet Service Browsing deactivated.
* For BlackBerry smartphones operating on a Global System for Mobile Communications® (GSM®), remove the Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card from the BlackBerry smartphone.
2. Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02141.
3. Turn the wireless transceiver off. For instructions, see KB13201.
4. Click the Browser icon.
5. Expand the Browser Channels folder.
6. Highlight a third-party browser push channel.
7. Display the menu and click Delete Channel.
8. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each third-party browser push channel.
9. Complete one of the following, depending on the network on which the BlackBerry smartphone is operating:
* For BlackBerry smartphones operating on a CDMA network, contact your wireless service provider and have the BlackBerry Internet Service Browsing activated.
* For BlackBerry smartphones operating on a GSM network, reinsert the SIM card.
10. Turn on the wireless transceiver. For instructions, see KB13201.
11. Register the BlackBerry smartphone on the wireless network. For instructions, see KB00510.
12. Subscribe to the third-party browser push channels again.
BlackBerry Device Software version 4.2.2
Change the theme on the BlackBerry smartphone to one other than the Today theme by completing the following steps:
1. From the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, select Options.
2. Select Theme.
3. Select any theme that is not the Today theme.
4. Display the menu and select Activate.