BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Carrier Specific Issues (http://www.blackberryforums.com/carrier-specific-issues/)
-   -   Help! I need BlackBerry Internet Services in Norway (http://www.blackberryforums.com/carrier-specific-issues/228842-help-i-need-blackberry-internet-services-norway.html)

bebedidue 06-15-2010 06:02 AM

Help! I need BlackBerry Internet Services in Norway
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hey there,

I'm going to Norway for 20 days and I need to have local BB service (as my current mobile plan in Singapore doesn't allow roaming services) or at least 3G prepaid mobile service. It will be ideal if they have prepaid SIM card which allows BB connection that allows me to check email and browse the internet (esp google MAPS !! :oops:).
something similar like :

http://www.starhub.com/support/mobile/faq/mobilemessaging/blackberryprepaidservice.html#bbppp


I have tried to browse through the websites of a few mobile operators in Norway but I got no luck, ie Telenor, TrigCom, djuice.. and called Telenor (the lady asked me to go to shops who sell Blackberry instead !)

Thanks for any help :D

Cheers
BeBe

dc/dc 06-15-2010 06:10 AM

What in the crispy scheiß does your picture have to do with this post?

All mobile operators will allow you to use data services on prepaid, but you will NOT, repeat, will NOT be able to use BlackBerry. You will need another type of mobile such as a Nokia.

Out of all of the carriers in Norway, I recommend using Telenor.

bebedidue 06-22-2010 04:44 PM

By the way, just got an email from TrigCom norway that they do provide no-contract Blackberry Internet Service for more flexible users.

Tylerly 06-24-2010 12:49 AM

use another phone

xlavinho 11-05-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bebedidue (Post 1621325)
By the way, just got an email from TrigCom norway that they do provide no-contract Blackberry Internet Service for more flexible users.

That's true, they do provide a no contract BIS alternative.

xlavinho 11-05-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1618545)
What in the crispy scheiß does your picture have to do with this post?

All mobile operators will allow you to use data services on prepaid, but you will NOT, repeat, will NOT be able to use BlackBerry. You will need another type of mobile such as a Nokia.

Out of all of the carriers in Norway, I recommend using Telenor.

Telenor only provides BB services to private businesses and companies, they don't offer service for private users.

dc/dc 11-05-2010 11:09 PM

Why did you bump a 5 month old post?

dc/dc 11-05-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlavinho (Post 1671356)
Telenor only provides BB services to private businesses and companies, they don't offer service for private users.

I didn't suggest Telenor for BlackBerry, I suggested them for regular PAYG service.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.